Is it value to have a gold Romanian coin that is Undiscovered ?

Post, ask questions and discuss World and Ancient Coin topics.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Sensei
Coining Around

Is it value to have a gold Romanian coin that is Undiscovered ?

#1 Unread post by Sensei »

It weight 10.8 grams.
Real gold
Who is on the coin : still unknowing
Rare : unknowing
Modern : unknowing
Attachments
095C5A5E-5CC0-4CCA-B772-EC76452F4546.jpeg
4E76EDD9-E629-4ABD-89F2-9F46722E6FA1.jpeg

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is it value to have a gold Romanian coin that is Undiscovered ?

#2 Unread post by Earle42 »

What test did yu have done to it to see if it is real gold and not brass or just gold plated?

I am NOT an ancient coin expert, but the lighting and pictures make it look like many modern brass reproductions I have seen (of different coins).

I hope I am wrong!
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Sensei
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by Sensei »

I asked a gold store and they told me it is real gold but this time I will test it in a trusted store to make sure , also I thought it is modern but I couldn’t find any similarity of any coin or any imperator has the same face in any where which let me trying to find answer and to not give up . If I test and it’s become a real gold does that mean it’s worth a lot ?

Sensei
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by Sensei »

Earle42 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:34 pm What test did yu have done to it to see if it is real gold and not brass or just gold plated?

I am NOT an ancient coin expert, but the lighting and pictures make it look like many modern brass reproductions I have seen (of different coins).

I hope I am wrong!
I asked a gold store and they told me it is real gold but this time I will test it in a trusted store to make sure , also I thought it is modern but I couldn’t find any similarity of any coin or any imperator has the same face in any where which let me trying to find answer and to not give up . If I test and it’s become a real gold does that mean it’s worth a lot ?

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Earle42 »

If it is gold, and not gold plated, then you can weigh it and then check online to see how much gold is worth per ounce and calculate the value.

You said:
also I thought it is modern but I couldn’t find any similarity of any coin or any imperator has the same face in any where
If no one here can help, try posting it in the ancient coin forum at coincommunity.com. They have some guys over there who are experts at identifying ancient coins. They also are familiar with a lot of the reproductions sold for souvenirs.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Sensei
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by Sensei »

Earle42 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:06 pm If it is gold, and not gold plated, then you can weigh it and then check online to see how much gold is worth per ounce and calculate the value.

You said:
also I thought it is modern but I couldn’t find any similarity of any coin or any imperator has the same face in any where
If no one here can help, try posting it in the ancient coin forum at coincommunity.com. They have some guys over there who are experts at identifying ancient coins. They also are familiar with a lot of the reproductions sold for souvenirs.

Ok I will . That was really helpful sir thanks a lot