list of valuable coins

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Darcy
Coining Around

list of valuable coins

#1 Unread post by Darcy »

Good morning,

Are there any legitimate websites that produce lists the years of valuable coins? Just a plain, ordinary list that says look for these years? for pennies, these years for nickles, etc. You guys have all this stuff memorized but it is difficult to keep track of what I should look for.

Thanks for your help!

Darcy

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: list of valuable coins

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Darcy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:31 pm Good morning,

Are there any legitimate websites that produce lists the years of valuable coins? Just a plain, ordinary list that says look for these years? for pennies, these years for nickles, etc. You guys have all this stuff memorized but it is difficult to keep track of what I should look for.

Thanks for your help!

Darcy
I wish it was that simple. That's why I am recommending reading this>>>>>>>
Attachments
resize.png
resize.png (57.58 KiB) Viewed 3399 times
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Darcy
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by Darcy »

Thanks, SensibleSal66.

I was hoping it was simple as I have about $60 of quarters to determine if they are worth more than .25. I went through them for die marks, but that's all I know so far. Long ago, I watched a video by Daniel on youtube where he listed the coins to look for, but I can't find that video again.....

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

Here's one video. You can search my channel or Youtube like this "quarters coinhelpu" and my quarter videos will show up. You can also check out my playlist on quarters here

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by mhonzell »

The book recommended is the best option as you can continue to use it over the years. You can also review PCGS or NGC price guides. In most cases all of them will list prices higher than you will actually get, but they give you a reference point.
Civil War Tokens
Morgan Dollars
Ancient Coins

Mrweaseluv
Coin Wizz

#6 Unread post by Mrweaseluv »

I think this is what you are looking for :D
link below pic :D
Screenshot_3.png
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cherry ... 1014077427
You may soar with the eagles, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#7 Unread post by Paul »

I don't get it............

Every time someone asks for "Valuable" coins,............ most of the regular community points them in the direction of "Errors"!
Which I believe, is an absolute no-no! There are huge quantities of "Non-Variety" specimens that will make any collection top-notch….As a majority of collectors today have no knowledge of what a variety/error actually is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS NEEDS TO STOP!
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Brucefan
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by Brucefan »

Good Morning , I just found and registered on this amazing site and feel I have learned so much in 2 Daniel videos .
However I am stuck already .I have recieved some dollar coins from 200 and 2001 .
I followed Daniels excellent small dollar value chart but cannot figure out the photo grading .
Plus some appear to have both P and D stamps so they are not a matching set .
Any help would be appreciated

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by Earle42 »

@Brucefan
Welcome! Glad you are here, but...
Brucefan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:29 am Good Morning , I just found and registered on this amazing site and feel I have learned so much in 2 Daniel videos .
However I am stuck already .I have recieved some dollar coins from 200 and 2001 .
I followed Daniels excellent small dollar value chart but cannot figure out the photo grading .
Plus some appear to have both P and D stamps so they are not a matching set .
Any help would be appreciated
Please use the following and see the posting guileins. Your post is attached to the end of someone else's thread they started. THis is known on the internet as hijacking another person;s thread b/c it diverts their topic onto one of your own. So please take that link, find out what to do, and then make your own thread.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?