1833 Canadian 5.9g to facilitate trade

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
CLK
Coin Collector

1833 Canadian 5.9g to facilitate trade

#1 Unread post by CLK »

I think I’ve seen one other coin like this in the same shape, do you think it could be an error problem or just old ?
IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg
IMG_1011.jpeg
IMG_1009.jpeg

CLK
Coin Collector

Re: 1833 Canadian 5.9g to facilitate trade

#2 Unread post by CLK »

And do you know what denomination this is

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by mhonzell »

1/2 Penny: Canada
Sloop Token

Looks like it was dug up and cleaned.
These users thanked the author mhonzell for the post:
CLK
Rating: 3.03%

Civil War Tokens
Morgan Dollars
Ancient Coins

CLK
Coin Collector

#4 Unread post by CLK »

Well I did not do it !

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel »

CLK wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:28 pm Well I did not do it !

Your coin isn't an error but is a damaged coin. No way blamed you but that is what is wrong with your coin. Another reply of yours that has me wondering about your state of mind. You seem to be very triggered when no one is being rude or accusing.

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#6 Unread post by Iceresistance »

CLK wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:28 pm Well I did not do it !
Someone else before you cleaned it when it was dug up.
You are never too old to learn something new

CLK
Coin Collector

#7 Unread post by CLK »

Well this is for Daniel, yes my state of mind may be triggered easily right now as I am using coins to get my mind to focus on other things. Than the one I am dealing with right now. Sorry If you think it is about you only. It could be caused, by a very confusing situation I am dealing with. But the coins do help. It seems to release some of the stress consistently dealing with a parent issue in the family. I think if you can escape the parent trap for a little while, you can come back better focused. I am learning as I go here and appreciate everyone’s feedback thank you so much.
These users thanked the author CLK for the post (total 2):
SensibleSal66, Iceresistance
Rating: 6.06%

silviosi
Coin Wizz

#8 Unread post by silviosi »

Happy to hear that you want to learn. Is need peoples as you to achieve knowleadge. For your token here you find the link to look for. https://www.coinsandcanada.com/

I live now from 20 years here in Canada, and I can tell you the market for those coins is low to very mince. Only big errors has nice potential. The site will show you the most important. Was tones of those in time.

CLK
Coin Collector

#9 Unread post by CLK »

TY, what year and coins are good to look for today . I am going through pennies right now. I know some of these threads here are years old. I have few to go through, while my neck and shoulder are healing. Although I find that this exercise is as well aggravating. So I want to just go threw the important ones. I believe I have a lot of DD’s , re-punched mint marks and some old in good condition ?

CLK
Coin Collector

#10 Unread post by CLK »

So how do you like Canada ? I never been there . Tell you what ask me to pull out a certain type of penny, date and condition. I will see if I can pull it out.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Unread post by Earle42 »

CLK wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:50 am ...I believe I have a lot of DD’s , re-punched mint marks and some old in good condition ?
Make sure you go to the link below to find and match pictures on what you believe are doubled dies or RPMs. There are non collectable forms of doubling that are common, such as die deterioration doubling and mechanical/strike doubling. These confuse people into thinking they have aa coin from a doubled die all the time.

www.varietyvista.com

You will find date by date listings of all doubled dies, RPMS, and OMMS there. And if it is not an EXACT match in all pictures, it is not a doubled die. All coins from a die (doubled or not) have no choice but to end up being absolutely identical in the image they get from the dies.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?