2006-P Quarter... What kind of strike through may this be?

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
markustg
Coin Wizz

2006-P Quarter... What kind of strike through may this be?

#1 Unread post by markustg »

:o Proper Titles Are Important, so I had to fix yours for you! :D

Titles are indexed on the forum so others can find/research when they have a similar coin.

:character-cookiemonster: Titles must include date, type of coin and a specific small description of your question. [/u]

So we can better help you,
:arrow: Please click this line, before making another post!

I assume this is a strike through ( of something )

Any thoughts of what kind of strike through may this be? And do other people find strike through coins interesting/collectable?

There are two main areas that are incuse on the coins obv on the neck and there are more smaller incuse "spots" running almost to the edge.

Thanks,

( I have two of these coins that have this same look by the way )
Attachments
20220927_170630.jpg
20220927_170652.jpg
20220927_170804.jpg
20220927_170934.jpg
20220927_171024.jpg

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What kind of strike through may this be?

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

Just struck through grease filled die. It’s more common than most think.
These users thanked the author Daniel for the post:
markustg
Rating: 3.03%

DSCoins
Coin Guru

Re: What kind of strike through may this be?

#3 Unread post by DSCoins »

Daniel wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:55 pm Just struck through grease filled die. It’s more common than most think.
I agree. As Daniel stated, they are very common and add no extra primum to the coin.
These users thanked the author DSCoins for the post:
markustg

USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2006-P Quarter... What kind of strike through may this be?

#4 Unread post by Earle42 »

:character-cookiemonster: I had to correct your title so it would be meaningful for the forum's search function.
Please take the link I put inside your first post so you know what the forum guidelines are and no corrections will be needed in the future. Thank you! :D
These users thanked the author Earle42 for the post:
markustg

Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?