I am new to this community

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Inquiring Minds
Coin Collector

I am new to this community

#1 Unread post by Inquiring Minds »

Hi everyone,
I am new to this community, and I am really excited to get to learn and grow with you all and share what I learn with my sisters. Coin collecting can be very intimidating when learning from others. Looking forward to this very much. :-D

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: I am new to this community

#2 Unread post by Paul »

Welcome
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Kane2077
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by Kane2077 »

Welcome.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Earle42 »

Welcome! We are glad you are here with us :)

Please make sure to review the forum guidelines before posting any questions about specific coins. That way you will know the minimum info we need in order to help you find an answer.

Click here, READ the guidelines list and please watch the video!
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

JTCC
Coin Guru

#5 Unread post by JTCC »

Welcome to the community.
U.S. cent lover!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel »

Welcome to the community.

Sambvka
Coining Around

#7 Unread post by Sambvka »

WELCOME, we are glad you are here with us :D

But...
Sorry, but you have buried your intro inside someone else's intro
. This is called "hijacking" on internet forums b/c it turns the focus from the original member's thread onto a subject of your own.
:text-threadjacked:

So please take the following link and find out how to start your own thread so more people will see it and be able to welcome you.:D
:text-link: :

Hello all! My name is Christine... But I can easily go by my username Sambvka as well. Although I most my life I have been in the business of buying and selling specialty unique and interesting interesting items. I Also, Miss my life had been a stay-at-home mother and Wife active in my community and my children'seducation. 5 years ago all of us stopped with a divorce. They took my Youngest 2 children and my oldest 2 my oldest too were either just experience in life on their own or or had been doing so for quite a while and I went to a 5 year complete depression and hiatus from life. Things We're OK until a couple of years ago I got sick from mold poisoning.
. I ended up losing most all I had left from my life before, Except My little classic car, a handwritten antique Buddhist Manuscript, and a majority of my old and error coins and my boyfriend that i have been with since the divorce who for his own good reasons has also just given up on everything as well. Through the years I have been keeping up with one thing and that is my coins my unique beautiful and perfectly damaged Errors. Going through them as often as I do is my therapy. The rule is with me that there is not to be any unapproved change that's allowed to be spent until I go for a minute prove every single one of them. And recently now finally I found somewhere that is somewhat stable. I have decided to turn my therapy into into a full time business. The most wonderful bank teller in the world nearby that make sure that I have all the coins I need every time that I go over there even if it's to the last penny in my bank account. And that I have been collecting my own hours for so many years, I have found myself wanting to live again and enjoy life again I forget. So that being said what I am lacking is is more than anything a way to understand why and how each and every error that I have and Learn how each and every one of these treasures are created.I find it makes it a lot easier to find and spot out from a distance even the really amazing ones. I also am having a hard time finding the terms and how to list my list my queens properly. I am having that venomous command they will be able to help me further in my knowledge and really Get started on this new life that I am Excited to Begin. Sorry about the long hugeStory but this is the 1st time that I'm actually really able to say it and feel good about it too

Sambvka
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by Sambvka »

Thank you all. Now to figure this posting photos
thing out in the other thread! See Ya soon!

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#9 Unread post by DSCoins »

@Sambvka
It is frond upon, to place your topic anywhere into another person's topic unless you are responding to a question that has been asked.
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Silverback Cz
Coining Around

#10 Unread post by Silverback Cz »

Hello I just joined today.

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#11 Unread post by DSCoins »

@Silverback Cz
Please open a new topic. It is considered rude to jump onto someone else's topic. This type of thing is referred to as :text-threadjacked:
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by Daniel »

Please let this topic to be a reminder to all who posted. We ask that you always use the new topic button to start your own topic. Please review the posting guidelines and watch our video on how to post here. I even have a tab in the menu tab above on how to post an image. It also has tabs that take you directly to posting something.
Also, please let the admins do their job, too many posts telling members what they did wrong is redundant and can be overwhelming. Thanks to everyone for understanding!!

Paul

#13 Unread post by Paul »

"Also, please let the admins do their job, too many posts telling members what they did wrong is redundant and can be overwhelming."

...... and I can guarantee you that there is a large group of individuals that do not post here because of that :!:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Mitchley
Coining Around

#14 Unread post by Mitchley »

:P Hello everyone, I'm very new to this community and am practicing right now, to see if I get this easy one (this post), correct.
Michelle is my name. I want to say thank you Daniel, and others , for, "Coinhelpu". I did some coin collecting from, 2016-2018.
I've liked old and odd coins from my youth. It's just in my, DNA, lets say.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by Earle42 »

@Mitchley
WELCOME, we are glad you are here with us :D

But...
Sorry, but you have buried your intro inside someone else's intro
. This is called "hijacking" on internet forums b/c it turns the focus from the original member's thread onto a subject of your own.
:text-threadjacked:

So please take the following link and find out how to start your own thread so more people will see it and be able to welcome you.:D
:text-link: :
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):

Zuki02
Coining Around

#16 Unread post by Zuki02 »

Hi everyone! I just joined today after learning about this useful forum. I have recently started collecting coins and learning about their values by watching different youtube videos. I hope you can help me here to learn even more and check if my coins have any value.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by Earle42 »

This is getting a bit out of hand. I locked this thread.

Welcome ZukIO2, please scroll up and read the prior post by Daniel to see how to make your own introductory post :D