Images are bad(item for sale online, I can't get any better images), but is this a gold coin?

Post, ask questions and discuss World and Ancient Coin topics.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
monsterbug1
Coin Wizz

Images are bad(item for sale online, I can't get any better images), but is this a gold coin?

#1 Unread post by monsterbug1 »

Found this in the corner of a bulk foreign coin lot for sale online. looks like a gold foreign coin based on what little I am seeing, but I know very little about gold foreign coins and was wondering if anyone could ID this item despite the bad images. If the image is too bad, just say so; there is nothing I can do about it
Attachments
gold colored coin.PNG
gold colored coin.PNG (45.3 KiB) Viewed 5704 times

Triple C
Coin Wizz

Re: Images are bad(item for sale online, I can't get any better images), but is this a gold coin?

#2 Unread post by Triple C »

Anyway you can attach the image so we can click on it to enlarge it?

monsterbug1
Coin Wizz

Re: Images are bad(item for sale online, I can't get any better images), but is this a gold coin?

#3 Unread post by monsterbug1 »

no can do. it is very low resolution.

however, I believe I have gotten a positive ID from another coin forum
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia132530.html

Triple C
Coin Wizz

#4 Unread post by Triple C »

Looks like a match to me! 👍

Coin Mule
Coin Wizz

#5 Unread post by Coin Mule »

Hey M, I don't know if it is gold, but I just wonder who would throw a gold coin in with a lot of coins, in a pile on the table like that. I'm just thinking out loud, but, it seems a bit odd to me.
The Coin Mule
NGC Member
CONECA Member
mintstate.com User
NGC Registry Set Rank #70
(Kennedy Half Dollars, Silver, 1964-1970, Circulation and Proof Issues)
CONECA Attributed 1878 P 8 TF VAM 23 TOP 100 SLOT 5
CONECA and ANACS MS62 Attributed 1882 CC VAM 3 A
CONECA and ANACS MS64 Attributed 1900 P VAM 4
ANACS 1884-O VAM-37A2 MPD
ANACS 1891-O VAM - 10
[glow=red]Resident Lone Haranguer [/glow]

monsterbug1
Coin Wizz

#6 Unread post by monsterbug1 »

it was a goodwill lot. I don't think they knew what it was

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Earle42 »

I once had a friend bring me a lot of foreign coins and in it was aMexican gold peso - so the scenario is not impossible. A lot of collectors are not familiar with foreign coins.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

monsterbug1
Coin Wizz

#8 Unread post by monsterbug1 »

I found a gold dos pesos at my LCS's foreign bin, so I have also had such experiences in the past

Robinson3
Coining Around

#9 Unread post by Robinson3 »

It’s got a gold color also just want to no much info as I can on it
45EF8C06-3570-4436-B6C5-C4CE8A84C805.jpeg
3C2FF8A9-1D8B-4BB2-BF96-3B6AE2CCA880.jpeg
45EF8C06-3570-4436-B6C5-C4CE8A84C805.jpeg
Attachments
AE1B7FC2-3AF5-40A3-95AE-790090CAE5E3.jpeg

Robinson3
Coining Around

#10 Unread post by Robinson3 »

Click on and zoom in

Robinson3
Coining Around

#11 Unread post by Robinson3 »

It has ridges or cross marks on it 1954

Robinson3
Coining Around

#12 Unread post by Robinson3 »

It has ridges or cross marks on it 1954

JTCC
Coin Guru

#13 Unread post by JTCC »

Please open your own topic for your own coin in order for it to receive proper attention.
U.S. cent lover!

Robinson3
Coining Around

#14 Unread post by Robinson3 »

Ok sorry trying to fig this out lol

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by Earle42 »

@Robinson3
Robinson3 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:24 pm It’s got a gold color also just want to no much info as I can on it45EF8C06-3570-4436-B6C5-C4CE8A84C805.jpeg3C2FF8A9-1D8B-4BB2-BF96-3B6AE2CCA880.jpeg45EF8C06-3570-4436-B6C5-C4CE8A84C805.jpeg
You have posted your question at the bottom of an old thread someone else started awhile ago. This is called "hijacking" on internet forums b/c it turns the focus from the original member's thread onto a subject of your own.

Besides, when you do not make your own thread, a lot fewer people will see your post and be able to help you find an answer.

So please take the following link and find out how to start your own thread to get more people involved in helping you.

Click here, READ the guidelines list and please watch the video!
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):

Robinson3
Coining Around

#16 Unread post by Robinson3 »

Yea accidentally dun that but I did make my own thread

Robinson3
Coining Around

#17 Unread post by Robinson3 »

I don’t no why it’s on this one

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by Earle42 »

topic locked to prevent more posting to the incorrect place.