Introducing myself

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
godistheanswer
Coining Around

Introducing myself

#1 Unread post by godistheanswer »

Hello my name is Shy I am a beginner with coin collecting and I am interested in flying at 1 coin that's going to make me Rich. Very interested it's learning all that I can about coins glad to be aboard

JTCC
Coin Guru

Re: Introducing myself

#2 Unread post by JTCC »

welcome. flying at 1 coin? please explain.
U.S. cent lover!

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

#3 Unread post by Paul »

Welcome

I been doing this for over 50 years, and still waiting for that 1 coin… I think you're better off with a lottery ticket
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

JPW20181
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by JPW20181 »

What is that 1 coin?

Paul

#5 Unread post by Paul »

JPW20181 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm What is that 1 coin?

HUH?

I believe he meant to say "Finding That One Coin"
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

JPW20181
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by JPW20181 »

makes sense now.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Earle42 »

I agree with Paul...

and:

Welcome...we try our best to educate people here by answering them and pointing them to proper resources when we can. So feel free to ask questions.

Please DON'T feel we are “being negative when our answers are sometimes short with few 🌺🌻🌼 in them. 😊

Quite a few of us spend hours here daily to try to help a lot of people so time is against us.

Please read the instructions about how we ask people to make proper posts to maximize your time in getting an answer and our time in answering for you.😊
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

JTCC
Coin Guru

#8 Unread post by JTCC »

Paul wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:21 pm
JPW20181 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm What is that 1 coin?

HUH?

I believe he meant to say "Finding That One Coin"
oh, ok, it makes sense now.
U.S. cent lover!

USSID18

#9 Unread post by USSID18 »

Welcome!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Daniel »

Welcome

Triple C
Coin Wizz

#11 Unread post by Triple C »

Hi and welcome!

CoinDak
Coining Around

#12 Unread post by CoinDak »

Greetings all,

My name is Sam. I’ve been involved with coin collecting for approximately 6 months. Approx. 6 months ago my 11 Y.O. Son Khalil caught interest in coin collecting. In supporting his new found hobby, I gained an insight that was intriguing. We now collect coins together. I’m a fairly fast learner, so I’ve become fairly familiar within a short timeframe.
Looking forward to being a part of the community.
Kindly
COINDAK

JTCC
Coin Guru

#13 Unread post by JTCC »

Coindak, please do not hijack other’s post, it’s easy to start a new topic and please do.
U.S. cent lover!

CoinDak
Coining Around

#14 Unread post by CoinDak »

Dear Coin Wizz,

How about, Welcome CoinDak! You’ve actually reposted your introduction on another subscribers post. If you can kindly repost on your own thread, it would be appreciated.

The word Hijack isn’t the appropriate word to use, esp. that I am of middle eastern decent. Crossing the boarder of a racist tone. I’m starting to feel unwelcome. Thanks
Best

USSID18

#15 Unread post by USSID18 »

CoinDak wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:46 pm Dear Coin Wizz,

How about, Welcome CoinDak! You’ve actually reposted your introduction on another subscribers post. If you can kindly repost on your own thread, it would be appreciated.

The word Hijack isn’t the appropriate word to use, esp. that I am of middle eastern decent. Crossing the boarder of a racist tone. I’m starting to feel unwelcome. Thanks
Best
Who's Coin Wizz?? There is nothing wrong with the word "HIJACK"! You posted on the wrong thread. I'm sure JTCC didn't realize you were of middle eastern decent. We actually don't care where you are from. He wasn't crossing the boarder of a racist tone! If you're starting to feel unwelcome, you should probably find yourself another forum......one preferably of middle eastern decent. I'm sure you will be happier there.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by Earle42 »

Coindak...
Please read the following knowing there is nothing at al negative towards you or anyone else in it.

1. There is no way for anyone here to tell anything (nor do we care at all to be concerned with it) about one another's race.

2. "Hijacking a thread" is a univeral statement used on internet forums when someone comes into another person's thread and diverts the original poster's (OP's) thread into a place where the hijacker gets their own answers. The terminology is an acceptable part of forum language internet-wide. It is not a bad term. it is not a negative term. The usage is a legitimate application of the actual definition of the term vs. the artificial mindset made by the news media-hyped-to-promote-hatred-racial-division-propaganda.

This forum gladly welcomes you, and everyone else, to enjoy learning about coins together.

Its almost a certainty if someone here takes offense at something said, it will be because they bring their own baggage with them.

Again ... welcome! We are glad you are with us😊
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):

CoinDak
Coining Around

#17 Unread post by CoinDak »

Earle42,

Appreciate the response. My apologies for my mid-interpretation. Appreciate the professionalism. Apologies to JTCC for the accusations.

USSID: It was my mistake. Your response is unwarranted. I was born and raised in the United States, served in the United States Marine corp. God Bless the greatest nation on earth. My preference is to be on an American forum, as that’s what I am above all.

Respectfully
CoinDak

USSID18

#18 Unread post by USSID18 »

CoinDak wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:10 pm
USSID: It was my mistake. Your response is unwarranted. I was born and raised in the United States, served in the United States Marine corp. God Bless the greatest nation on earth. My preference is to be on an American forum, as that’s what I am above all.
That's right, it was your mistake... Deal with it. You're the one that brought up race. My response was warranted because you apologized. You were a Marine? Congratulations, so was I!!

CoinDak
Coining Around

#19 Unread post by CoinDak »

God Bless you! Peace and Love ❤️

I won’t be Hijacking any more threads :)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Kindly
CoinDak

USSID18

#20 Unread post by USSID18 »

Semper Fi

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#21 Unread post by Earle42 »

CoinDak...
A heartfelt thank you for your service! I know I already thanked USSID, but the same goes to you as well. I truly appreciate our servicemen. You guys are why we are have the ability to be here.👍🇺🇸

JTCC
Coin Guru

#22 Unread post by JTCC »

Earle42 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:41 pm CoinDak...
A heartfelt thank you for your service! I know I already thanked USSID, but the same goes to you as well. I truly appreciate our servicemen. You guys are why we are have the ability to be here.👍🇺🇸
Yes, thank both of you for your service!
U.S. cent lover!

CoinDak
Coining Around

#23 Unread post by CoinDak »

OOH-RAH!

USSID18

#24 Unread post by USSID18 »

CoinDak-

Not to Hijack this guy thread but where were you stationed, how long were you in and what was your MOS?

CoinDak
Coining Around

#25 Unread post by CoinDak »

From 1994 to 1998, at 3 years 6 months in, my close friend whom I enlisted with passed tragically in a MVA. It was a very difficult time for me and was granted honorable discharge.

0121, Camp LeJune.
I’ve been in the medical field now for almost 20 years. The last two years in the intensive care have been the worst display of human suffering, that will resonate with me eternally.

Yourself?

Best
CoinDak

USSID18

#26 Unread post by USSID18 »

70-73, Marine Barracks Ft.Meade, 0231

You were a Personnel Clerk?

CoinDak
Coining Around

#27 Unread post by CoinDak »

Yes, not as hard core as yourself! I can only imagine what Vietnam was like. Wasn’t even born yet.

CoinDak

USSID18

#28 Unread post by USSID18 »

😂😆 No, I wasn't hardcore. I joined to see the world.........Wrong, I saw the inside of a cubical stateside for 3 years. 😩😡
However, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

CoinDak
Coining Around

#29 Unread post by CoinDak »

🤣😂 would have never guessed that, given your role and the era. Well I’m sure you made the best of it.

Do you buy and sell or just collect (Coins)?

CD

USSID18

#30 Unread post by USSID18 »

CoinDak wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:05 am 🤣😂 would have never guessed that, given your role and the era. Well I’m sure you made the best of it.

Do you buy and sell or just collect (Coins)?

CD
I'm just a hobbyist. I do buy occasionally. Not a dealer, grader, trader or investor. If I was an investor or dealer in this hobby, I would have starved to death years ago! 😂🤣😊

CoinPyro
Coinasieur

#31 Unread post by CoinPyro »

Popped in on this convo, as I see people who have been in service. Thank y'all for doing that, no matter when or where. Every job counts and makes a difference; each of you make sure we can be here, doing this and so much more. My grandfather was in the navy for a few years; I forget how long exactly. He ran away from home at 16 to join. I think his service time is why I have found several international coins in his coin collection. There's not a lot, but there's one or two from 10 or more countries.
Welcome to the forum!

coin question
Coining Around

#32 Unread post by coin question »

Hello all..... I am coin question because I and sure to have plenty of questions you guys....and gal.
I'm very new to the hobby but my interest and questions are growing daily.
I have much to learn and hopefully plenty of willing teachers. I am interested in the slight variations in varieties of all US coinage.
As of now my collections value may be only in it's uniqueness and value to me
so I look around a bit and I have question.....vary soon....

JTCC
Coin Guru

#33 Unread post by JTCC »

coin question wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:50 am Hello all..... I am coin question because I and sure to have plenty of questions you guys....and gal.
I'm very new to the hobby but my interest and questions are growing daily.
I have much to learn and hopefully plenty of willing teachers. I am interested in the slight variations in varieties of all US coinage.
As of now my collections value may be only in it's uniqueness and value to me
so I look around a bit and I have question.....vary soon....
please do not post on other's topic, this is the second time it has happened just on this topic. it's easy to make your own topic and please do. thank you for your cooperation.
U.S. cent lover!

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#34 Unread post by Earle42 »

@coin question:

Please go here and review the material/video:
https://coinauctionshelp.com/forum/view ... 11&t=15935

Posting a new topic/question in someone else's thread (called "hijacking a thread") makes sure fewer people see your question than would if you make your own threads.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#35 Unread post by Daniel »

And this is why I prefer to turn commenting off on topics that are solved or have gone on for more than a couple days. Most forums lock topics.