Newbie!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
WyoCoinMan
Coining Around

Newbie!

#1 Unread post by WyoCoinMan »

Hello! I just joined the Coin Help U community and figured I may as well introduce myself. I am currently 14 years old and growing in my hobby of coin collecting. I live in Wyoming and enjoy growing my coin collection and learning more about my coins. I have found some old 2 dollar bills at banks, so I enjoy asking around banks for interesting notes or coins. Sometimes I luck out, sometimes not. Anyway, just starting my journey and hope this page can help me through my journeys in coin collecting!

USSID18

Re: Newbie!

#2 Unread post by USSID18 »

14? Do your parents know you're here? 😂🤣

What type of coins do you collect?
Last edited by USSID18 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

Welcome!!

WyoCoinMan
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by WyoCoinMan »

Yes, they know I'm here lol. For the type of coins that I collect, I enjoy collecting Morgans, Lincoln cents, and errors. I have a very limited collection as of now, but I am working on growing it! Right now I really want a Philadelphia minted morgan in MS64 graded by PCGS or NGC. That would be awesome. Thanks!
Last edited by WyoCoinMan on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WyoCoinMan
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by WyoCoinMan »

I also have a question in the General US Coins forum titled "1880-S Morgan Dollar Strange Toning Question" you may know something about!

CoinPyro
Coinasieur

#6 Unread post by CoinPyro »

WyoCoinMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:16 pm I have found some old 2 dollar bills at banks, so I enjoy asking around banks for interesting notes or coins. Sometimes I luck out, sometimes not.
Welcome to our community. You're getting into this at a pretty young age; maybe you'll be able to pay for college with an erroneous coin? I sure wish I could... 😂

USSID18

#7 Unread post by USSID18 »

WyoCoinMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:34 pm Yes, they know I'm here lol. For the type of "coins do you coins", I enjoy collecting Morgans, Lincoln cents, and errors. I have a very limited collection as of now, but I am working on growing it! Right now I really want a Philadelphia minted morgan in MS64 graded by PCGS or NGC. That would be awesome. Thanks!
Morgan's at 14 years old, WoW!! I was lucky to do penny's at 14.

Congrats! Keep up the good work.

WyoCoinMan
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by WyoCoinMan »

Thank you all! I've been told getting into this young may pay off one day. I sure hope it will...

USSID18

#9 Unread post by USSID18 »

WyoCoinMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:37 pm I also have a question in the General US Coins forum titled "1880-S Morgan Dollar Strange Toning Question" you may know something about!
I just commented on it for you.

Coin Mule
Coin Wizz

#10 Unread post by Coin Mule »

Welcome young dude
The Coin Mule
NGC Member
CONECA Member
mintstate.com User
NGC Registry Set Rank #70
(Kennedy Half Dollars, Silver, 1964-1970, Circulation and Proof Issues)
CONECA Attributed 1878 P 8 TF VAM 23 TOP 100 SLOT 5
CONECA and ANACS MS62 Attributed 1882 CC VAM 3 A
CONECA and ANACS MS64 Attributed 1900 P VAM 4
ANACS 1884-O VAM-37A2 MPD
ANACS 1891-O VAM - 10
[glow=red]Resident Lone Haranguer [/glow]

Funky Strike
Coinasieur

#11 Unread post by Funky Strike »

Welcome...they told me I might someday make money too!

I love the hunt though

Enjoy it! Have Fun!

Michael - The Funkmeister
Attachments
01 (2).jpg

WyoCoinMan
Coining Around

#12 Unread post by WyoCoinMan »

USSID18 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:57 pm
WyoCoinMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:37 pm I also have a question in the General US Coins forum titled "1880-S Morgan Dollar Strange Toning Question" you may know something about!
I just commented on it for you.
Thanks!!

USSID18

#13 Unread post by USSID18 »

WyoCoinMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:50 pm Thank you all! I've been told getting into this young may pay off one day. I sure hope it will...
Yes, starting young with coins is a great thing! Keep it up!

But I agree with Funky Strike. If you mean "pay off" in the literal sense, don't base or bet your financial future on that. Could you become a professional numismatist and make a career of it?...........yes, but VERY few do! This coin thing is just a hobby for the vast majority of us. Remember, the words "coins" and "investment" are rarely used in the same sentence.

JTCC
Coin Guru

#14 Unread post by JTCC »

Hi and welcome to the coinhelpu community! Good to see some young collectors! interesting enough, I was also 14 years old. Been in the hobby of coin collecting for a while, it certainly is a fun hobby. If you had any questions regarding coins and such, I’ll be glad to provide some answers if my knowledge allows me to. Best of luck and happy hunting!
U.S. cent lover!

WyoCoinMan
Coining Around

#15 Unread post by WyoCoinMan »

I figured the only way this would ever "pay off" is if I hit the holy grail of errors or something. Thanks!

WyoCoinMan
Coining Around

#16 Unread post by WyoCoinMan »

JTCC wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 pm Hi and welcome to the coinhelpu community! Good to see some young collectors! interesting enough, I was also 14 years old. Been in the hobby of coin collecting for a while, it certainly is a fun hobby. If you had any questions regarding coins and such, I’ll be glad to provide some answers if my knowledge allows me to. Best of luck and happy hunting!
Thanks! I actually do have a question posted on the General US coins forum about an 1880-s Morgan dollar with some interesting toning. Thank you!!

Triple C
Coin Wizz

#17 Unread post by Triple C »

Hi and welcome!

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#18 Unread post by Paul »

Welcome
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by Earle42 »

Welcome...we try our best to educate people here by answering them and pointing them to proper resources when we can. So feel free to ask questions.

Please DON'T feel we are “being negative when our answers are sometimes short with few 🌺🌻🌼 in them. 😊

Quite a few of us spend hours here daily to try to help a lot of people so time is against us.

Please read the instructions about how we ask people to make proper posts to maximize your time in getting an answer and our time in answering for you.😊
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?