New to Here, not to Coin Collecting

Tell us a little about yourself or what and why you collect. You can post question here also.

Moderator: Daniel

Critterbob
Coining Around

New to Here, not to Coin Collecting

#1 Unread post by Critterbob » Fri May 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi. I'm Bob Myers, but go by the nickname Critterbob. I'm now 63 and have been collecting coins since I was around 7 years old - back in the day when what pennies, buffalo nickels, Mercury dimes, Standing Liberty Quarters and Walking Liberty Half Dollars could still be found in common change. My collecting started then and I'm still interested in coins. For years I collected proof sets from the mint and quit that when I saw the values from my original cost tumble.

Watching Daniel's enthusiastic videos on coin collecting has renewed my interest. I made a number of purchases from his store already and am excited to get back into collecting. I got a few Morgan dollars when I was a kid and one or two Peace dollars. I always loved the Morgans.

I made purchases last year of some... well, let's say coin replicas... just because they were cheap and something to have for fun, even though they have no value whatsoever. Although these are neat for educational purposes, they are poor representations of the real coins. Now I have some real and beautiful Morgan dollars thanks to Portsmouth Coin Shop. I'm having fun getting back into collecting and investing in legitimate coins for my collection.

Thanks to Daniel for the renewed interest in the hobby. I hope I can learn more - and I have a lot to learn - from his videos and this community. Thank you for allowing me to join. I hope I can contribute in the future.

Critterbob

Critterbob

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: New to Here, not to Coin Collecting

#2 Unread post by Paul » Sat May 23, 2020 9:29 am

:welcome:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Daniel
Administrator