1960-D/D RPM

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
claudewill1
Coin Wizz

1960-D/D RPM

#1 Unread post by claudewill1 »

Hi,
I was wanting to see if I could get some help identifying the following RPM. There seems to be a lot of them for 1960-D. I will keep doing research on my own as well. I can tell it's a D/D west, so that would eliminate a lot of them. I'm going through an OBW roll of 1960-D I bought a few years back which has just been sitting in my desk.

I have more pictures if needed, it kind of looks like it might be the RPM-003. But then there's a lot of others it could be
20211012_144950.jpg
20211012_145209.jpg
20211012_144710.jpg
20211012_144729.jpg
Last edited by claudewill1 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: 1960-D/D RPM

#2 Unread post by Paul »

That certainly looks like an legitimate RPM

The only way to obtain the exact variety number here, as there are so many for this date in Mintmark already listed, is to match up the markers
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

claudewill1
Coin Wizz

Re: 1960-D/D RPM -Small Date

#3 Unread post by claudewill1 »

I will do that, I'm going to work on elimination the RPMs it can't be first, then go from there. Anything that's not west would get eliminated, followed by any that aren't as "dramatic" as this one.

I think I was able to narrow it down to the RPM-003 RPM-005, RPM-006, updated.

According to coppercoins.com, the 005 has the mint mark closer to the 9, which this particular one looks like.
Last edited by claudewill1 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

claudewill1
Coin Wizz

Re: 1960-D/D RPM -Small Date

#4 Unread post by claudewill1 »

I'm really not sure on this one, the ones I thought it could be I can't find the markers (or just can't see them due to vision) using x10 magnification

claudewill1
Coin Wizz

Re: 1960-D/D RPM

#5 Unread post by claudewill1 »

I went through another sister roll that this came in and found 2 more of the same rpm, good thing is since they are the same I only need to identify one. I still seem to have issues with that. I am currently having an issues with my eyes where my vision gets really blurry and even under x10 I can't see that well. I do have a x20 loupe I could try, but I don't like using that. I have an appointment with an eye doctor in the next few weeks.