1962 DDO-007 Washington Quarter.... Need Info

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
frekkles1973
Coining Around

1962 DDO-007 Washington Quarter.... Need Info

#1 Unread post by frekkles1973 »

I recently purchased an unopened 1962 proof set. My intention was to leave it sealed, but my husband is just not capable of ignoring the curiousity. So, long story short, It got opened. (I am fully convinced one of these days he is going to find a body, because he saw a box or barrel or old suitcase he just had to "check out")

The coins have some very interesting toning. So I looked over the coins with my scope and lo and behold there is a bonafide DDO quarter. I did all my reasearch on variety vista and as best I can tell, being fairly new to the errors and things, I am right on WHICH DDO it is. So, that being said, now I have questions. I have taken several pictures (But it is still in cello, and I am new to the pictures also so they aren't perfect)

I would actually like to have it graded with the Variety/Error attributed also. It has been under cello for nearly 60 years and I feel like it would be worth it. I am just not sure how to go about it as this will be my first submission. I have a few other coins I would like to send in as well, but they are just going in for grade. So, as always, any advice you folks would like to give me is more than welcome. Aside from how to have it attributed and graded, my main question is do I send in the whole set and have it graded as such, or just the quarter? 2nd question is do I leave it in the cello when i send it in?
Attachments
PICT0077.jpg
PICT0076.jpg
PICT0075.jpg
PICT0074.jpg
PICT0073.jpg
PICT0071.jpg
PICT0069.jpg
PICT0068.jpg
PICT0064.jpg
PICT0063.jpg

MLC
Coin Wizz

Re: 1962 DDO-007 Washington Quarter.... Need Info

#2 Unread post by MLC »

Looks like the DDO-007 to me 👍👍
These users thanked the author MLC for the post:
frekkles1973
Rating: 2.94%

ANA Member
NGC Member

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

You should call the grading company you intend to send to and talk to them about sending and associated fees.
These users thanked the author Daniel for the post:
frekkles1973
Rating: 2.94%

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#4 Unread post by Paul »

Is it possible to post images of:

The base of the "9"
The "O" in God
& the lower left side of the "6"