Strike through on 1957P WHEATIE?!

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Time2shine5299
Coining Around

Strike through on 1957P WHEATIE?!

#1 Unread post by Time2shine5299 »

Hello fellow coinaholics, my name is Jason and I’m a coinaholic. (Hi Jason!) LOL

I pray that everyone has had a great holiday season and beginning to the new year, despite the country and the world being absolutely nutso!
Ok, so, I was just doing my thing, ya know, that “thing” that we do and anyone that doesn’t do it just can’t understand for the life of em why we do it and for so long. Yeah, that thing.

and I came across THIS and all its struck through beauty! And I’ve spent a good while and a lottt of inspection and moving of lights and changing of angles and I still have no idea what the heck it is. It looks like staples, BUT they would literally be the worlds tiniest staples, if that were true. And that’s just those things that look like staples, to me anyways. What about the other stuff, Like that straight raised line that’s going across the top of Lincoln’s head that ends at the “staple”?

OK, so that covers the obverse, on the top of Lincoln’s head. But then on the reverse, Am I crazy or am I seeing multiple different places that also look like tiny Staples? And then there is also some other raised die anomalies. Maybe a die chip on the right wheat stalk. (It’s a shiny little blob kind of just sitting there about half way down I think)

anywho, I am VERY excited about this coin and just as excited, maybe more, to hear what everyone has to say and what your thoughts are about it.

ALSO, PLEASEEE also share with me what you think this coin is worth? I really need to know the value, because I will probably sell it and I don’t want to short myself, because I know it is special and that I’ve personally never seen one quite like it, ESPECIALLY not on a wheatie! And I also don’t want to over price it and never have it sell.

thanks in advance for any and all input and info! Take care everyone!

-SHINY TIME STATION-‍🤷🏼‍♂️🙏🏻👍🏻😁
Attachments
F4D9E412-1A36-4681-8370-2DDFC5852E1D.jpeg
F8D89292-1207-4D24-9BF4-102C99EDE532.jpeg
D6009F71-A018-4391-951B-6A34B1B35A01.jpeg
B2BB01B0-E869-4A8D-96F1-62596D1202FC.jpeg
A155A78E-9143-4F44-8E90-0E2FCFC9C57C.jpeg
DABA7A88-E008-4D85-8C72-7FDADF4F471F.jpeg
These users thanked the author Time2shine5299 for the post:
PetesPockets55
Rating: 3.03%

Time2shine5299
Coining Around

Re: Strike through on 1957P WHEATIE?!

#2 Unread post by Time2shine5299 »

A few more of reverse...
Attachments
E15931EC-5E9F-46D8-B40F-946E1343DECD.jpeg

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Earle42 »

1. Let's get the "big" one out of the way first... don't quit your day job (especially now that the economy is set to tank). No added value.

Am I crazy or am I seeing multiple different places that also look like tiny Staples?
Niether.
You are looking too closely to find things that are not there, and pareidolia is in play. Some homework on places like error-ref.com will help you filter out actual errors.

3. From the pics I am not seeing a stuck through debris error. It is hard for me to tell but this reminds me of lamination error where some of the metal flakes raised up and were subsequently pushed over,

and/or

4. A die crack and die chip is in that area.

The mark on the wheat era looks to be a die chip - common.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#4 Unread post by Paul »

I see a common circulated coin with a bunch of contact marks and several die chips

Unfortunately, there was no full coin image, so I couldn't do much else without the date/mintmark.
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#5 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Die chips and die cracks with lots of circulation marks thrown in.

And although I agree you should keep your day job, I will note the economy has been in decline since at least July of 2019 when the Fed. reserve started lowering rates again to bolster a faltering economy. Hopefully, with continued political stability, the rates will reverse and indicate an improving economy.
These users thanked the author PetesPockets55 for the post:
SensibleSal66
Rating: 3.03%

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel »

I agree, hate bursting bubbles but this coin has commonly found die cracks and small chips that add no value. You should never jump to the conclusion that a coin is rare and valuable because you haven't seen one like it. Sorry but this coin is not valuable.