1959 Jefferson black beauties (whole roll)Circulated but unopened still in mint state

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
IamMarkanthony
Coining Around

1959 Jefferson black beauties (whole roll)Circulated but unopened still in mint state

#1 Unread post by IamMarkanthony »

So I know about these I’m trying to sell them and find the best possible out come for these coins can I get some prices for you guys on what you would Expect from a rare coin like this, note some have dbl on Jefferson’s face giving him a dbl Chin. These coins are in the up most best condition. I wouldn’t be surprised if they got the highest grade. Possible. So please let me know what you think and of course completely full step. I cannot find any marks or damaging. It’s truly unbelievable that I found a entire roll Un touched... just wow. So let me know what you all think please:) !
Attachments
9C0611F7-8ED9-468D-B17F-0C6B320E98F0.png
4B7F8732-56AA-4EB3-8908-15C9EA69BEB7.png
67EEAFE6-E7AB-445B-9FD2-8C3F54DCC048.png
E9F6EE3F-24C8-44EF-BE56-D67D306AA91A.png
86D3AB0B-5DCB-426E-9A66-644FF9E2C6CD.png
4D0BA960-8747-43BC-9F21-01250440F9BB.png

IamMarkanthony
Coining Around

Re: 1959 Jefferson black beauties (whole roll)Circulated but unopened still in mint state

#2 Unread post by IamMarkanthony »

These are from Philadelphia so A small amount were made.
These users thanked the author IamMarkanthony for the post:
SensibleSal66
Rating: 2.94%

IamMarkanthony
Coining Around

Re: 1959 Jefferson black beauties (whole roll)Circulated but unopened still in mint state

#3 Unread post by IamMarkanthony »

Hey can you help me post this the right way because I have not gotten any insight so I must be posting in the wrong category.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

You must send them off for grading, they must be labeled black beauties before they can be sold as such.
These users thanked the author Daniel for the post:
Kris W
Rating: 2.94%

IamMarkanthony
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by IamMarkanthony »

Do you recommend anyone ?

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#6 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Chose a good grading company. PCGS, NGC or ANACS . :patriot: :welcome:
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Earle42 »

Mind giving a back story as to finding a whole roll? It has to be interesting :)

Any pics of the full steps?

Just being cautious, but make sure you run the numbers. B/c here is an MS 65 that sold on eBay for only 40.00. The gamble is in hoping some come back in a higher grade with FS designation.
An MS65 only went on eBay for:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Black-Bea ... SwNmNfKHlM
Last edited by Earle42 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

IamMarkanthony
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by IamMarkanthony »

Oh yes errors definitely Jefferson’s face has a butt chin on a couple.

IamMarkanthony
Coining Around

#9 Unread post by IamMarkanthony »

And I will upload a new photo well today. But there put away and I would wake up old girl from her beauty rest. And I am not trying to deal with that hot mess right now 🤣 but yes later today I will send some pics of the full steps

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#10 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

I guess both 1958/1959 are known for this error . I wrote about it in 2013 when I was 2CentSal. Type 1959 nickel in Daniel's Search for the posting. He probably has a video for them, lol hugeeyes widegrin
Member of CONECA

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Unread post by Daniel »

There's no error or variety for a "butt" chin, that's a contact mark on the coin and doesn't add a premium.

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#12 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

How common or uncommon are these in other years ? They are just the famous ones, correct ?
Member of CONECA