Missing Number On Lincoln Cent Penny!!

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Missing Number On Lincoln Cent Penny!!

#1 Unread post by Daniel »

WATCH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

mjb
Coining Around

Re: Missing Number On Lincoln Cent Penny!!

#2 Unread post by mjb »

I did watch the video Daniel. I also watched one of your videos online that you said if you have a coin that is not shown as a error, ddo or rpm ten you may have something that no one else has seen. So I signed up to ask you or anybody else if anyone has ever seen this specific missing letter on this specific coin? I have already been all of the websites that you refer me to. I was simply wanting to know where a person may take a coin he or she thinks may be a first?

Im sure that every coin error had to be a first at some point!
Sorry to have bothered you.
Thank you for your time

Mark

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

It is not a first and it is not rare. Missing letters or numbers are common and are caused by being struck through grease filled dies. I tell you this in my video. I created my video for this very question. Doesn't matter the year or the letter or number.

bakerbev
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by bakerbev »

Love the videos always so helpful . Thank you so much for all the time you must put in to doing the videos . Baker Bev

bakerbev
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by bakerbev »

Thank you for all the videos very helpful. So thank you for taking the time to help everyone . I know I appreciate the help . Baker Bev .

bakerbev
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by bakerbev »

Thank you for the time you put in to do the videos . I find the videos are very helpful thank you . I have a Indian head penny that is missing the letter E in the word one . It has on cent . I don't know if it is the same as the video or not . Thank you for all you do . Baker Bev

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel »

mjb wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:19 pm I did watch the video Daniel. I also watched one of your videos online that you said if you have a coin that is not shown as a error, ddo or rpm ten you may have something that no one else has seen. So I signed up to ask you or anybody else if anyone has ever seen this specific missing letter on this specific coin? I have already been all of the websites that you refer me to. I was simply wanting to know where a person may take a coin he or she thinks may be a first?

Im sure that every coin error had to be a first at some point!
Sorry to have bothered you.
Thank you for your time

Mark
I never said that I told you to contact someone at CONECA.