Post Your (REAL) Clipped/Incomplete Planchet And Off Center Errors Here!

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
twiasp
Coin Collector

Re: Post Your (REAL) Clipped/Incomplete Planchet And Off Center Errors Here!

#41 Unread post by twiasp »

Again sorry for image quality from cell phone and the glare from being in a 2x2, they have been in there for 30+ years and don't wanna break them out just yet until microscope is set up.

Not sure if these are errors or PMD honestly but here ya go. All found in pocket change when I was a kid.
Attachments
1956 D Obv.jpg
1956 D Rev.jpg
1952 D Obv.jpg
1952 D Rev.jpg
1951 D Obv.jpg
1951 D Rev.jpg

USSID18

#42 Unread post by USSID18 »

I would say they are differently errors! The quality of your pictures are great. Anytime you don't need a magnifying glass or scanning electron microscope to see a real mint error is a good day! Nice coins! 👍🏻

JTCC
Coin Guru

#43 Unread post by JTCC »

I'll say that coin 2,3 is genuine off struck mint errors, but coin 1 is damaged.
U.S. cent lover!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#44 Unread post by Daniel »

This is not a topic for off cent cents or ask questions about your coins, this was to share real clipped planchets. So please, start your own topic and post one coin per topic. Thanks.

USSID18

#45 Unread post by USSID18 »

Daniel wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:41 pm This is not a topic for off cent cents or ask questions about your coins, this was to share real clipped planchets. So please, start your own topic and post one coin per topic. Thanks.
I should have known that and told him, sorry.

twiasp
Coin Collector

#46 Unread post by twiasp »

I was just sharing, not looking for verification. Also posted my off center errors here since the name of the forum is "Post Your (REAL) Clipped/Incomplete Planchet And Off Center Errors here!"

I posted a clipped planchet error earlier in the topic, so thought I would post some off center ones for my last post.

Not sure where the problem was? Because I didn't have verified, authenticed errors and didn't know if they were?

USSID18

#47 Unread post by USSID18 »

twiasp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:24 am I was just sharing, not looking for verification. Also posted my off center errors here since the name of the forum is "Post Your (REAL) Clipped/Incomplete Planchet And Off Center Errors here!"

I posted a clipped planchet error earlier in the topic, so thought I would post some off center ones for my last post.

Not sure where the problem was? Because I didn't have verified, authenticed errors and didn't know if they were?
I guess we thought you were asking a question. No big deal. Thanks for sharing the coins. They are all nice, whatever they are!! 👍🏻😂🤣

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#48 Unread post by Daniel »

It's my bad here. I don't know why but I didn't see the off center in the title, but I did think this was a question. I digress and apologize. Carry on.
These users thanked the author Daniel for the post (total 2):
Triple C, twiasp
Rating: 6.06%

Coin Mule
Coin Wizz

#49 Unread post by Coin Mule »

twiasp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:24 am I was just sharing, not looking for verification. Also posted my off center errors here since the name of the forum is "Post Your (REAL) Clipped/Incomplete Planchet And Off Center Errors here!"

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain", why can't I find free stuff like this, waaaaaaaah 😭
Really cool my friend
The Coin Mule
NGC Member
CONECA Member
mintstate.com User
NGC Registry Set Rank #70
(Kennedy Half Dollars, Silver, 1964-1970, Circulation and Proof Issues)
CONECA Attributed 1878 P 8 TF VAM 23 TOP 100 SLOT 5
CONECA and ANACS MS62 Attributed 1882 CC VAM 3 A
CONECA and ANACS MS64 Attributed 1900 P VAM 4
ANACS 1884-O VAM-37A2 MPD
ANACS 1891-O VAM - 10
[glow=red]Resident Lone Haranguer [/glow]