I have question about the us mint?

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Mahmood
Coin Collector

I have question about the us mint?

#1 Unread post by Mahmood »

I ordered the american eagle 2021 one ounce silver reverse proof two-coin set designer edition on September 13 the order got approved and the amount was taken from the bank but the order have been processing since then and today went to my bank checking my payments history and the money was refunded and the amount they charged me on September 13 was erase but the order still says processing is that means the order have been canceled has this happened to anyone and thank you.

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: I have question about the us mint?

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

It personally has not happened to me . Awaiting more answers .
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

ZiporaTilda
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by ZiporaTilda »

Sorry for the experience, i have never experienced that before.

silverbul

#4 Unread post by silverbul »

let it ride until you get a cancelled order e mail.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Earle42 »

From past experience I can say the mint ordering process on things like this is a total mess. I have had a number of go rounds with them including MANY hours on the phone.

I will make an extremely long story short and say in the end one of the mint people at a higher level admitted they would not take the time to fix the problem in my verified order (a glitch in their ordering system verified my order, but would not process it!), and they were told to wait for all of the sets to be shipped out so they could just tell me it was impossible to fill my order since all the sets were gone.

I never suspect, once I have an order in with them, that I will actually get the order until it is in hand.

Another time there was major contamination inside the proof coin capsules (hairs and white powder - very prevalent). I returned them and asked they make sure I got new coins and not others returned from other customers. I was assured they never do that.

When they arrived the COA for 2 of the three was missing, the inside paper the others had inside the main box was gone on one of them. And in one the coin was upside REV side up in the case. Granted, this could happen with an original, but I have never seen it.

I sent them back again and was apologized to and was sent what then seemed pristine and proper sets.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Bjork
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by Bjork »

I haven't ordered from them myself but tons of people on here order from PPNY. so I can assure you it's not a scam or anything and I haven't heard of anyone not getting their shipment. plus I'm assuming PPNY would make it right if that happened anyways but they might have to stop shipping soon due to the pact act so order quickly.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#7 Unread post by Paul »

.......... I was not aware that the "PACT ACT" involved numismatic items
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

finalfantasy
Coinasieur

#8 Unread post by finalfantasy »

Mahmood wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:02 am I ordered the american eagle 2021 one ounce silver reverse proof two-coin set designer edition on September 13 the order got approved and the amount was taken from the bank but the order have been processing since then and today went to my bank checking my payments history and the money was refunded and the amount they charged me on September 13 was erase but the order still says processing is that means the order have been canceled has this happened to anyone and thank you.
Tell me about it. I ordered all three Morgans and the status shows as "Backordered". I might just give them a call tomorrow to see the status of my Morgans and this reverse silver proof set I purchased which shows the same thing as your order: "Processing". So it looks like they'll easily be able to mint these like prior years while the Morgan must be minted a bit differently. Hopefully we get ours but I'm thinking that I should call the mint.

Update: I just called them and they said that Morgans are on Backorder as stated by my order and that I would receive an update in my email about all my orders as they come in and are ready for shipment. Call this number they are open from 8am to Midnight:

1-800-USA-MINT

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#9 Unread post by DSCoins »

finalfantasy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:55 pm
Tell me about it. I ordered all three Morgans and the status shows as "Backordered". I might just give them a call tomorrow to see the status of my Morgans and this reverse silver proof set I purchased which shows the same thing as your order: "Processing". So it looks like they'll easily be able to mint these like prior years while the Morgan must be minted a bit differently. Hopefully we get ours but I'm thinking that I should call the mint.

Update: I just called them and they said that Morgans are on Backorder as stated by my order and that I would receive an update in my email about all my orders as they come in and are ready for shipment. Call this number they are open from 8am to Midnight:

1-800-USA-MINT
For the record ALL 2021 Morgan Dollars and the Peace Dollar will show as backorder, as they are not due to be release until October some time. So yes technically they are on backorder. Also don't forget that they were set as a pre-order.
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

finalfantasy
Coinasieur

#10 Unread post by finalfantasy »

DSCoins wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:09 am
For the record ALL 2021 Morgan Dollars and the Peace Dollar will show as backorder, as they are not due to be release until October some time. So yes technically they are on backorder. Also don't forget that they were set as a pre-order.
I understand that but wanted to confirm my reverse proof set as it is showing a slightly more desirable "processing" statues and I was hoping that it might flip to shipping or if the representative had more information. So upon speaking to the representative the website I can say is accurate and they gave me very little new information as to the status of my orders. I could have sworn on the CC and O order I had that the order flashed Sept 15 (now passed) and I noticed Oct 15 for the D and S mint order as I received the finalized invoice at the end of the painfully slow process just to get my order in. So not saying that is official as they seem to keep pushing the Morgan releases to later this year. I think the latest Morgan and Peace I ordered showed Nov 15 but I couldn't see that finalized order as the page refreshed and the information disappeared. Bottom line, you should get a notification in your email as to when the order ships and the website should change the status with shipping information (I would imagine). This was the first time I had ordered anything from the Mint and so far not too impressed besides the possible value I'm getting out of what I could be getting :).

Nolan100
Coining Around

#11 Unread post by Nolan100 »

I called the Mint yesterday on this same issue. They stated that upon ordering on 9/13/21, they hit your card to verify funds are available for purchase and then release same. They stated that you will be charged full amount at time of shipping. Hope this helped.

finalfantasy
Coinasieur

#12 Unread post by finalfantasy »

I just got a notification from the US Mint that my Reverse set is shipping. Check your order Mahmood, it may be in the process of shipping like mine :).

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by Daniel »

I haven't heard a thing on all my orders.