Please Read Before Posting A Topic

In the title please put date, denomination and type of coin design and a brief on what you are asking about.
In example: "1995 Lincoln Cent Missing 5" or "2010 Roosevelt Dime With a Line inside the rim".

All of this helps discern the different topics from each other and is much less confusing to members who want to help.
Topic titles like "how did this happen" or "help" often get ignored and lost in the confusion.

Also if you're having trouble posting an image then here's our guide for that. How To Post Images

Thanks,
Daniel Admin/Founder

$20 Note- Cool Serial Number ?

Discuss or ask questions or posts paper currency topics. World currency is allowed as well.

Moderator: Daniel

SensibleSal66
Coin Expert

$20 Note- Cool Serial Number ?

#1 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

I got this $20 Note from the bank recently . Cool Serial Number ? Does anyone know what that is stamped to the left ?
Attachments
100_1392.jpg
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

Re: $20 Note- Cool Serial Number ?

#2 Unread post by Earle42 »

Bills go all over the place. Anyone with a stamp can stamp them...and do.
Fact Check the grading Companies:
Fact checking grading company shortcomings on NO FG halves:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#3 Unread post by Paul »

Overstamp from banded bundle
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

AlexPhilip
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by AlexPhilip »

You can tell it's already in a case so OP probably knows that they're sitting on a nice brick of gold. It looks super crisp too. I Dont Know where it falls on the grading scale for currency but it looks like it would be high up there. People actually collect bills based on serial numbers. Things like repeating digits, years, etc. To the right people it's actually worth something.

JTCC
Coinasieur

#5 Unread post by JTCC »

AlexPhilip wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:50 pm You can tell it's already in a case so OP probably knows that they're sitting on a nice brick of gold. It looks super crisp too. I Dont Know where it falls on the grading scale for currency but it looks like it would be high up there. People actually collect bills based on serial numbers. Things like repeating digits, years, etc. To the right people it's actually worth something.
I disagree. The bill has folds, a missing angle, and some ink from the stamp of the bank bundle, which is considered damage. High grades? Nah. The serial number is somewhat fancy, but not fancy enough to have any real considerable value.