90% silver bags

See the silver value of your coins.

COPYRIGHT all rights reserved CoinHELP! Forum and RHM22 and these charts may not be copied, transmitted or posted or used, other than to be viewed on this forum.

Moderator: Daniel

DYEDYE1
Coining Around

90% silver bags

#1 Unread post by DYEDYE1 »

Do you find that the 90% 1000 dollar face value silver bags have been picked through for all the coins that hold value over just melt value?

DYEDYE1
Coining Around

Re: 90% silver bags

#2 Unread post by DYEDYE1 »

I’m considering purchasing a bag simply to search through but I have no idea if it’s pointless to do so

Earle42
Coin Expert

#3 Unread post by Earle42 »

No. As technology has improved, more and more information about die varieties has surfaced. Some die varieties can be worth finding.

Now if you are looking to retire by finding that one, overlooked mint state 1916-D silver Mercury dime...its almost as unlikely as it being legitimate that President Trump lost the last...uh...well...you get the idea.😋
Fact Check the grading Companies:
Fact checking grading company shortcomings on NO FG halves:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

Coin Mule
Coin Wizz

#4 Unread post by Coin Mule »

Hey D, wasss up. The issue here, is that more than likely the bags will have rejected coins, in other words, lets say JM Bullion buys a huge hoard, 1000 coins, lets say 200 are gradable, another 200 can be sold as ungraded individual coins, then you have 600 coins they throw in a bag, and make a big deal over it. Sad but true. A lot of folks bought these bags in the past few months because of silver spiking, but they were not searching for "Nice" coins, they were "stacking". So this has created a shortage in Physical Silver, but wait there is more.

Now a lesson from the world of series 3. Two things move markets, fear and greed. People bought at 27, 28, 29, because it's going to 30. So now, folks are getting nervous, 25, it has to break 25, yes I won't lose my kids college money. Shhh don't tell that guy, when you throw a dead cat off of a tall building it will bounce at least once, or a dead sliver contract. I believe there will be a silver glut soon, and the "bullion" coins will be a hair above spot, and there will be tons of bags and rolls for sale really cheap. It doesn't mean there will be anything collectable in the bags or rolls, it just means they will be cheap.
The Coin Mule
NGC Member
CONECA Member
mintstate.com User
NGC Registry Set Rank #70
(Kennedy Half Dollars, Silver, 1964-1970, Circulation and Proof Issues)
ANACS 1884-O VAM-37A2 MPD found in the wild
ANACS 1891-O VAM - 10 found in the wild
A Semi Knowledgeable Member Of The Coin Community
Resident Lone Haranguer

DYEDYE1
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by DYEDYE1 »

Earle42 you’re my hero I appreciate it lmao.
Coin you’re a wealth of knowledge thank you very much.