ROOTS!

If you metal detect or just hunt for hidden treasures then post your stories and find here. Everyone enjoys a good lost treasure story or news find and they're welcome here as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Zayda
Coining Around

ROOTS!

#1 Unread post by Zayda »

I keep getting false readings for metal. It's roots most of the time when my detector beeps. It has me very annoyed. I've watched several videos of people metal detecting in the woods and they don't have that problem from what I've seen. I have my detector set to detect higher quality metal and the sensitivity knob is turned over half way. Maybe I just just need turn the sensitivity down. I think I need to get a new metal detector but it is very good at detecting metal when it's there and I don't have the money for another one right now. I think the discrimination buttons are damaged somehow and they no longer work. They used to beep when the buttons were pushed but they don't make a noise when pushed anymore. There's nothing to let me know the discrimination type has changed or not either, as the window for that stays blank. I was wondering if there is a distinctive sound, tips, strategies or any advice to help eliminate the root problem? I have a bounty hunter 202. I am fed up with these roots lol.

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: ROOTS!

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

I have a bounty hunter 202. I am fed up with these roots lol.
That's your problem . Bounty hunter is the bottom of the barrel Metal Detector. Plain and simple . You can get a Minelab for under $300 ( Vanquish 440 )
I know several metal detectorist's that swear by it . Not affiliated with Minelab or any brand name . Just my opinion .
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Zayda
Coining Around

Re: ROOTS!

#3 Unread post by Zayda »

Thank you so much. I had no idea. A friend of mine buys storage units that the bills are left unpaid. He never knows what he's going to get. Long story short, he gave me this used bounty hunter. Neither of us were experienced with metal detecting but I had wanted to pick up the hobby for a long time. I'll write that name down and check into them. As soon as I have the money, that's probably what I will buy! Thanks again!