Winter Blues ?

If you metal detect or just hunt for hidden treasures then post your stories and find here. Everyone enjoys a good lost treasure story or news find and they're welcome here as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Winter Blues ?

#1 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Let's face it , winter can be long and boring . So, what Metal Detecting activities do you enjoy indoors . Etc. Mapping , clean-up supplies / Detector, gain private access to sites etc.....
To brighten my day , I have my detector by the door for Inspiration . Here's my detector at the door looking to take a walk . : )
IMG_20210217_023911312_HDR.jpg
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: Winter Blues ?

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

So, what do you do in the Winter concerning coins and other things ?
Member of CONECA

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

I just run my coin shop all year around. I help online more with coins in the groups and such. My break is fishing once a weak or spending time with my wife and grandchild. I do like to watch a good movie on the weekends.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Earle42 »

Sit here and answer emails, coin forum (when I know the answer), and glass insulator hobby questions all day LOL!

When health allows, I go down into my "shop" and enjoy myself restoring old tools to new.
Enlarge to see the stained glass window that greets me every morning!  Zoom in for a better idea of the eye candy I see in real life.
Enlarge to see the stained glass window that greets me every morning! Zoom in for a better idea of the eye candy I see in real life.
Pexto_B4_3.jpg
Cleveland_Before&After.jpg
C-Clamp_Restored.jpg .jpg
Klein_Lineman_Pliers_After_5.jpg 2021-02-20 17-37-46.jpg
Bridgeport_Nail_Puller.png
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#5 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Hey Lee ( AKA Earl42 ) , Love the pictures ! I have an insulator that I want you to look at that I found Metal Detector ( 7 inches down next to old Button ).
Member of CONECA

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Earle42 »

Sal, glad to help...if I do not know the answer, I can definitely find it for you and/or put you in touch with someone who knows for sure.
Send me a PM - pics - whatever.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?