PCGS - NGC - ANA Coin Grading Books I recommend

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

PCGS - NGC - ANA Coin Grading Books I recommend

#1 Unread post by Daniel »

Who better to learn about coin grading than from the best in the business? Fortunately, you can learn from the best, PCGS - ANA - NGC have all published their own books.

ImageImageImage

Here's the link to check them out at ebay Grading Books

Isaiah

Re: PCGS - NGC - ANA Coin Grading Books I recommend

#2 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:Who better to learn about coin grading than from the best in the business? Fortunately, you can learn from the best, PCGS - ANA - NGC have all published their own books.

ImageImageImage

Here's the link to check them out at ebay Grading Books

Interesting. I was unaware of the existence of that NGC grading book. Thank you. I hope you don't mind if I recommend a few more. The only grading books that I keep by my side are those published by ACG (ACCUGRADE). They are out of print, and relatively unknown, and expensive, but they are my favorites. The advantage over the other books is that not only do they provide photos of coins for in depth analysis, but they feature in depth discussions about that coin, and many important aspects of grading. The most helpful for me was their book on determining if a coin is prooflike or not. That was extraordinarily useful. In short, the best on the market in my opinion, and a must for young, and seasoned numismatists alike. The titles of their books are:

Comprehensive Price Guide to Morgan & Peace Dollars In Accugrade Uncirculated
Volume 1 - 550 Pages

Comprehensive Price Guide to Morgan & Peace Dollars In Accugrade ProofLike & Proof
Volume 2 - 570 Pages

Comprehensive Price Guide to Eisenhower Dollars Uncirculated
(Volume 3- 335 pages)

The Standard Certified Price Guide of Canadian Coins (1937-2008)
(Volume 4- 264 Pages in full color)

note: these are out of print, but may be purchased from the company's website for a very high price, or are available on Amazon.com for a fraction of that price. I recommend Amazon.com. Good luck.

~Isaiah

chuckmarks50
Coinasieur

#3 Unread post by chuckmarks50 »

They are all good books and I have all of them. You can never know too much about coins and grading coins. I just started as a coin collector about a year ago. The book I like best is : "Grading Coins by Photographs." By Q.David Browers.
I got it from Wizard Coin Supply. http://WWW.wizardcoinsupply.com.
Attachments
Grading Coins.JPG
Last edited by chuckmarks50 on Sat May 09, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

Thanks for the recommendation.

zakota
Coin Wizz

#5 Unread post by zakota »

Is there one out there that is from the mid 1850's for grading Canadian coins?
From beginning to end,
life is life, no matter how you look at it.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel »

I haven't heard of one. Amazon or ebay would be the best place, if not the put it on your watch list and you will get an email when one is listed.

Isaiah

#7 Unread post by Isaiah »

There are none devoted to that subject, solely. However, the "Standard catalogue of Canadian Coins" Has a section on grading. Fully illustrated. That shouldn't be too hard to find.

~Isaiah

Isaiah

#8 Unread post by Isaiah »

It's only $2.00+S&H here:

Hope this helps!

~Isaiah

zakota
Coin Wizz

#9 Unread post by zakota »

Thanks Isaiah. I have ordered the book. I hope it has in it what I need. I looked at the book store and at the coin shop. The coin shop has only the ones he use to use and he is still trying to sell them for face value. He is always trying to sell me European coins. He knows I am interested greatly in them, he is trying to get rid of the world coins he has. The only problem he wants twice the worth of the coin. He has nothing special in the cases. Most of what he has I already have. There are a few I have never seen anywhere. So I come home and look to see wha the going prices are online, he is two to three times higher for about the same grade. So he is barking up the wrong tree with me. I just get a glazed look in my eyes and he never even notices :shock: :|
From beginning to end,
life is life, no matter how you look at it.