Half dollar

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
zakota
Coin Wizz

Half dollar

#1 Unread post by zakota »

This is as deep as my silver collection goes. I am not in this as you guys are. I like coins but not enough to purchase million dollar coins :D It is circulated. This is the one that has the pits in Carvers cheek. THere are many, as there were almost air bubles in the metal. But only on his cheek. The rest of the coin is in great condition. A few dings on two letters.
Last edited by zakota on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From beginning to end,
life is life, no matter how you look at it.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Half dollar

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

I think it would be better taking the coin out of the cardboard 2x2. The coin doesn't look right. The cardboard particles can get on the coin and damage the surface. Non PVC plastic flips are the best for storing coins or air-tites.

Isaiah

#3 Unread post by Isaiah »

Nice coin. I'll call it AU.

~Isaiah

chuckmarks50
Coinasieur

#4 Unread post by chuckmarks50 »

Nice coin. You don't have to put down a lot of cash to have a nice collection to enjoy. So far the most I have spent is about $100.00 on an EF45 1877 -S Liberty Seated Quarter Dollar. I like Morgan Silver Dollars and there are a lot around in MS grades for $ 20.00 to $50.00 each for common dates.
Last edited by chuckmarks50 on Sat May 09, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel »

Morgan Dollars are my favorite, but I like the early type silver. It's just to expensive to buy the high grade.

zakota
Coin Wizz

#6 Unread post by zakota »

It is in a plastic non pvc holder inside the 2x2. The cardboard will not get to the coin. Thank you for the information.
From beginning to end,

Isaiah

#7 Unread post by Isaiah »

chuckmarks50 wrote:Nice coin. You don't have to put down a lot of cash to have a nice collection to enjoy. So far the most I have spent is about $100.00 on an EF45 1877 -S Liberty Seated Quarter Dollar. I like Morgan Silver Dollars and there are a lot around in MS grades for $ 20.00 to $50.00 each for common dates.
Your correct! There are many nice coins with beautiful designs that can be purchased cheaply, and are a good way to start a collection. I find myself spending quite a bit, usually, but, your statement is true.

~Isaiah

zakota
Coin Wizz

#8 Unread post by zakota »

I was joking with my statement about million dollar coins. It is a good subject. Most people that view the coins I have specially the world coins think they have high value in the upper hundreds. The 76 quarter from change, the 1859 with double 9 with a Canadian quarter I purchased for $5. Actually all my old Canadian coins are from change. So some at face value. Cant beat that. Myself I like the raw not the slabed.
From beginning to end,

zakota
Coin Wizz

#9 Unread post by zakota »

Here is my Booker T. Washington. It looks terrible. It has aged black. I dont mind the blueing. BUt the black bothers me. It takes away from it. I think.
From beginning to end,

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Daniel »

I use MS70 to clean coins like this.

zakota
Coin Wizz

#11 Unread post by zakota »

Some of it may be dirt. I break out my wire brush and sand paper. Oh then some brasso to shine it up again :D I have read about the MS70 you mention offen. I try to rinse it, I have even found out that freeze and thaw a few times does work on some coins and soils.
From beginning to end,

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by Daniel »

Try a wire brush and send it to SGS. It should get an MS70 becasue it will be shiny. :D