I think this seller used to be muffinsmom?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

I think this seller used to be muffinsmom?

#1 Unread post by Daniel »

I was in a conflic with a seller called muffinsmom, I think that was the id, because they where manipulating their coin pictures. I reported this seller twice and they no longer sell under this id. However, I noticed that another seller is using the same photo methods, and I think it's the same person.

I just don't understand why people continue to do this just to fool people into bidding more. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsummer ... ezeQQhtZ-1 I will report this on also.

Isaiah

Re: I think this seller used to be muffinsmom?

#2 Unread post by Isaiah »

WOW! There's some pathetic photoshop going on here! I've reported each one that I think looks altered, which is all of them except one. Thanks for posting this.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

I put so much heat on muffinsmommi's that she finally either was forced to stop listing on ebay, and started using this id, or ebay forced her to use this alternate id. I can't prove there one and the same, but the pictures and style is the same.

Isaiah

#4 Unread post by Isaiah »

A bit off topic, but, I believe that this seller also uses photoshop on some of their uncirculated listings.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel »

These auctions have been reported, I don't care about the threats or strong language this seller uses. It's all bull. They are manipulating their photos and shill bidding. You should post the email they sent to you because they can't touch us.

Isaiah

#6 Unread post by Isaiah »

gladly. Here is the first email that they sent me. I said that they should register here in an attempt to defend themselves, to be fair, and all that. I received this reply.

"Thank you for the heads up. No, I'm not going to register and trade barbs nor give any credence to rogue ebayers who know not what they say nor does it matter to me. I'm an honest person. They are wrong and no typing on a screen will change the minds of jealous twisted people. Ebay is fun for me. They would only ruin it. I imagine it's the same filth that they have been writing to me. All of it wrong conjecture. I'm a disabled VET and do not need to spar with those who are so twisted. My photos, feedback and coins speak for me to those that have it in hand. I do not need to justify myself to those who have so much idle time on their hands.

Thank you anyway.

I will let Ebay know. Although they can't do anything about outside commentary, they can surely know which IP's belong to them so if they try the same tactics that they've tried on others whom I know, they will not be able to succeed this time
."

I responded by sending them pictures with the areas that are obviously photoshopped, and why. I know a bit about photography, and these were altered, and I circled the suspect areas on them with a paint program. Some had 20 circles on them or more.They sent me another email, which I would like your permission to post, despite heavy threats, profanity, and political insults, and at one point, racism. Maybe if I censored it, I could post it for educational purposes? Thank you.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel »

Don't censor it, post it! This is the same person.

Isaiah

#8 Unread post by Isaiah »

I'm a little uncomfortable about posting this, but, here it is: "YOU ARE NUTS AND SO IS YOUR ADMIN FRIEND OVER THERE AND I ASSUME YOU TAKE ME AS A FOOL AND IM NOT. IM SURE YOUR ONE OF THOSE NIGGER LOVING BASTARDS WHO PULLED THE OBAMA LEVER TOO. WE NEED TO FIGHT FREEDOM AINT FREE. THE shazbot LIES THAT YOU AND THAT lousy IDIOT OVER THERE ARE POSTING IS INCREDIBLE. YOUR BOTH PHYCOS AND YOU NEED PROF HELP. I MEAN THAT. THE ITEMS ARE NOT WITH ALTERED PHOTOS. THATS EASY TO PROVE JUST LOOK AT MY FEEDBACK AND IF YOPU KEEP UP THESE LIES IM GONNA REPORT BOTH OF YOU TO EBAY AND MAYBE THEY'LL DO TO YOU WHAT THEY DID TO ME. IM A VET AND HAVE A MORAL CODE OF CONDUCT WHICH I SHOW ALL THE BUYERS AND AFTER ALL THIS TIME AND ONLY ONE PEEP HAS REPORTED NEGATIVE OF THE FEEDBACK TO ME. SO ARE YOU GONNA BUY AN ITEM OR NOT IF NOT GO TO blazes."

And, I responded politely, "No, I won't be buying an item. I asked you politely if you would be willing to defend yourself on this forum, and you said no. Also, If you have such a "MORAL CODE OF CONDUCT", then why are you acting in this childish manner? When one is civil with you, the least you could do would be to do the same. The items are unquestionably altered, and it is obvious. Angles and lighting etc would produce slight differences in the wear and marks on a coin, but not the huge difference seen in the photographs that you have listed, as well as unreasonable features that people seem to believe in. I also firmly believe that you were registered before as "Muffinsmom" which is against eBay's policy and has been reported, as well as have your fraudulent listings.

P.S, I did vote for Obama, and I'm proud of it.

Best regards,
Isaiah Barrett
"

So, you see? If the altered photographs, and shill bidding wasn't enough, maybe the totally unprovoked, nasty emails will be. I hope this helps, and I would like your opinions, and please feel free to edit his/her reply to your satisfaction.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by Daniel »

I will not edit this in any way. We are doing what is ethical and moral, not he. I'm proud that you posted this so others will see. (Although the language is hard to read, but it's their quote.) He or she just incriminated themsleves with these comments. I nor you have ever used such language toward this person. It's actually a legal matter in your favor.

If they know what's good for them, they better lay low.

Isaiah

#10 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:I will not edit this in any way. We are doing what is ethical and moral, not he. I'm proud that you posted this so others will see. (Although the language is hard to read, but it's their quote.) He or she just incriminated themsleves with these comments. I nor you have ever used such language toward this person. It's actually a legal matter in your favor.

If they know what's good for them, they better lay low.
Thank you for your understanding. I just don't use that language...ever, not even in non-formal circumstances, and I find it obscene, so I was just a little uncomfortable, so I'm glad that you see it too. I'm pretty sure they will lay low. They really don't have a leg to stand on.

~Isaiah

chuckmarks50
Coinasieur

#11 Unread post by chuckmarks50 »

Any one that talks like that is not angry at what you said. He is angry that he was caught in a lie!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by Daniel »

I have to agree, angry at getting caught. The seller looks up ip addresses and bases their stereotypical and racist comments on where your from. I was called a terms used for rednecks, but can't find all the emails, it was a while back. They called me trailor trash and find out how to drink a six pack all at once juts because I'm from Southern Ohio, the foothills of Appalchia. I laughed at these comments, but not the ones in the thread.

Isaiah

#13 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:I have to agree, angry at getting caught. The seller looks up ip addresses and bases their stereotypical and racist comments on where your from. I was called a terms used for rednecks, but can't find all the emails, it was a while back. They called me trailor trash and find out how to drink a six pack all at once juts because I'm from Southern Ohio, the foothills of Appalchia. I laughed at these comments, but not the ones in the thread.
Too many people think that way. It's total stupidity, and people really need to grow up. I think that this seller needs to get priority attention, and needs to be reported by everyone who's reading this now who hasn't done so already. People all to often bring up politics when it's irrelevant too. I post politics occasionally, but it would only be in the off topic section of forums. I say nothing to anyone to indicate that I'm any political party. Once, an eBay seller called me a Bushie, and now this guy is calling me an Obama supporter. It's all about who's best in their eyes. I did vote Obama, and I'm happy with my decision. It's done, the election's over. It needs to stop with all the insults. The profanity used by this seller is also inappropriate. Just so this gets a bit more attention, I'll post a link to this thread on coinforums.com. Thanks.

~Isaiah

Isaiah

#14 Unread post by Isaiah »

chuckmarks50 wrote:Any one that talks like that is not angry at what you said. He is angry that he was caught in a lie!

Absolutely correct!

~Isaiah

Isaiah

#15 Unread post by Isaiah »

I have no proof, but, this seems to be another seller using photoshop. Look at his name, and his products.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-DEEP-DMPL-187 ... 1|294%3A30

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by Daniel »

Isaiah wrote:I have no proof, but, this seems to be another seller using photoshop. Look at his name, and his products.

~Isaiah
I don't have a problem with this picture. It's difficult to take pictures of reflective coins and this coin appears alright. It's at least proof like, but I wouldn't claim a coin is DMPL unless I had it graded.

Isaiah

#17 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:
Isaiah wrote:I have no proof, but, this seems to be another seller using photoshop. Look at his name, and his products.

~Isaiah
I don't have a problem with this picture. It's difficult to take pictures of reflective coins and this coin appears alright. It's at least proof like, but I wouldn't claim a coin is DMPL unless I had it graded.
Did you look at all of their coins? I see some problems with some of them. Maybe it's just me, though.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by Daniel »

I looked at their other auctions and I just don't see a problem. It might just be me. Anyway, I can see the reflection of their fingers and camera in the fields, but no smudging of the contact marks. Tell me where you're seeing the problem and maybe I can see what you're talking about.