maybe the guys are loafing elsewhere

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
fwd
Coin Expert

maybe the guys are loafing elsewhere

#1 Unread post by fwd »

...possibly PCGS or NGC boards. :eureka:

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: maybe the guys are loafing elsewhere

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

I would hope that the members of this forum would support the "little guys", and at least post something once a day. I don't make any money running this forum, and the hits have been tanking badly, but I will always respond to people's questions.

I'm sure it will pick back up after everyone get's used to the nice weather, and get their Spring cleaning finished.

I visit some of the other forums, and it appears they're not losing much traffic. Well, I just posted a new contest, maybe this will help spike the ratings.

fwd
Coin Expert

#3 Unread post by fwd »

Daniel wrote:I would hope that the members of this forum would support the "little guys", and at least post something once a day. I don't make any money running this forum, and the hits have been tanking badly, but I will always respond to people's questions.

I'm sure it will pick back up after everyone get's used to the nice weather, and get their Spring cleaning finished.

I visit some of the other forums, and it appears they're not losing much traffic. Well, I just posted a new contest, maybe this will help spike the ratings.

....it just might help! best of luck!

cope77
Coinasieur

#4 Unread post by cope77 »

:s
Well I can't speak for everybody, but I just got tired of logging on and seeing like 100 posts a day from the same 2 people...... it just got annoying.... But it seems to have eased up a little, so now I try to check in more often..... That and I haven't been able to find anything worth posting lately... I'm just sad I keep missing out on the contests.... Still love the site Daniel, and I'll try to see what's new more often..... This is still my number 1 coin info site!!!!!! and I personally do not like the other boards that were mentioned, and do not find them as useful or helpful as this one. They seem to be more of a bragging forum, instead of an educational one, and really only support their own product.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel »

I understand that it can get old only seeing a 2 or 3 people posting. However, if some of you would just posts something like "What's New In Coins", it could help break the monotony.

I hopoe to start another contest tonight. Also, if you have any other suggestions to help make it more exciting around here, let me know.

RHM22
Coin Expert

#6 Unread post by RHM22 »

I have been following the teachings of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi by ritually purifying myself in the Ganges, fasting for 3 days and then repeating a Hindi phrase over and over for 6 hours each day. Wait, that was the Beatles.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel »

I didn't think that I would be able to compete with the other well know coin forums, but I thought this forum would be a good place for people to post coin questions. I get several emails a month, and it's always better to gain multiple opinions on a coin question.

I didn't think that I would be the only person answering the coin questions, but if that's what it becomes, than so be it.

regandon
Coin Expert

#8 Unread post by regandon »

Daniel wrote:I didn't think that I would be able to compete with the other well know coin forums, but I thought this forum would be a good place for people to post coin questions. I get several emails a month, and it's always better to gain multiple opinions on a coin question.

I didn't think that I would be the only person answering the coin questions, but if that's what it becomes, than so be it.
The coin market as a whole is hurting. More and more collectors are losing their jobs. The coin market world wide is hurting as countries economies are falling apart. In my area alone, there have been four big time dealers that have closed their doors.
I do not have much of a background on US coinage, but I will help if I can.
ANA member# R-3128774
WINS member# 774

Templar Knights Motto
NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED TUD
NOMINI GLORIAM

cope77
Coinasieur

#9 Unread post by cope77 »

Well I found my first 2010 dime today, so maybe everybody else is still out there looking...or waiting inline to be the first to see Iron Man 2............. :ponder:

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Daniel »

I think we need someone or a couple members to post some numismatic headlines with links to the story. I think news should be posted everyday, or when new news is available.

I also, need to step outside of my busy schedule and keep the contests going.