1969S Lincoln Penny

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
KMurray0812
Coining Around

1969S Lincoln Penny

#1 Unread post by KMurray0812 »

I’m new to this so please forgive me if I posted in wrong forum.
Would like to know if this coin is worth having graded
Attachments
02B99143-546A-4AC1-96AA-5746603456DE.jpeg
CD358F07-B413-4880-8E12-AE6C729D6051.jpeg

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: 1969S Lincoln Penny

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

No. Just a common cent .
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Earle42 »

No. And please review Daniel's videos on whether to send in a coin - any coin - at all.

And since this date is often posted here to ask if its a doubled die, yours is not. The doubled die version of this coin is obvious enough that no one has to ask confirmation when they find one :)
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

KMurray0812
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by KMurray0812 »

Forgive me for not knowing, as I do watch his videos.
But as a beginner things aren’t as simple as it is for old timers. Also thought I could get answers for learning about coins here.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel »

I would like to know why you thought it might be worth grading?

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Earle42 »

KMurray0812 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:48 pm Forgive me for not knowing, as I do watch his videos.
But as a beginner things aren’t as simple as it is for old timers. Also thought I could get answers for learning about coins here.
You can get answers here, but we also like to point people in the direction of learning it for themselves so they are better armed the next time around. Feed a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. So now you are better equipped to fish 😊

And no reason to apologize.

I was only suggesting what to do for help as well as trying to provide the next question people typically ask when they post a 1969 S penny. The doubled die for this is a very sought after coin so we get a lot of newer people wanting to ask about the ones they find. In fact, look up a picture of one online - you will be surprised at how good the doubling is.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

KMurray0812
Coining Around

#7 Unread post by KMurray0812 »

True statement.. Thank you for helping me understand a bit better. 🤦 It’s a lot to take in with so many of so many
I find it confusing yet I’ve been cherry picking for years.
Any way thanks again! Hopefully one day I’ll find that find