Wheat coins found.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

DSCoins
Coin Wizz

Wheat coins found.

#1 Unread post by DSCoins »

First off, the bank I have had for over 19+ years. In the past let me buy the bags of coins that came out of their coin star machine at cost. I guess they decided to get rid of it. I went in Thursday to buy a box of pennies. I was informed that they cannot just go into the vault for me to purchase them. What I was told (worse than the mint pricing) is for them to order any box of coins I would have pay $50.00 for box of pennies, $200.00 for nickels $1000.00 for Quarters. I just looked at them and started laughing. I then asked her, what if I had a business account? She told me that those with business accounts get them at cost I.E. $25.00 for $25.00. I just shook my head laughing as my caregiver rolled me out to the car. I went down the street a little way and talked to them about getting boxes of coins from them. First thing she asked was I coin collector? When I told her yes, she says nothing about it and commented about other customers (coin roll searching )who order boxes of coins. The only catch was I had to open an account, and I had to give them at least one weeks’ notice. There was one other thing. That I do not dump all the back at them. I told her worry I won't bite the hand who feeds me (I already know who will be getting all the coins). OK back on track.
Have no clue about errors yet. I am just posting the wheat cents I have found in this box.
1-1930, 1-1941, 1-1944D, 1-1945, 1-1946, 1-1946S, 1-1947, 1-1950D, 1-1952, 1-1953, 1-1953D, 4-1955, 1-1955D, 3-1956, 3-1956, 3-1957, 1-1957D, 1-1957D, 1-1958 an 2-1928D's.
I haven't looked at the coins that were memorials/shields to see if they had any doubling/varieties. That should take up 3 or 4 weeks, depending on I feel on any day. Basically, it’s how long I can sit at computer.

Thanks all
DScoins
USN Retired/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Re: Wheat coins found.

#2 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Sounds like mew management at the old bank creating new hassles.
Congrtas on finding a new source.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#3 Unread post by Paul »

:thumbsup:
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

Funny story. I know where the coins are going back too now. How convenient.

DSCoins
Coin Wizz

#5 Unread post by DSCoins »

As far as I can remember. All banks or credit unions have to except all U.S. coinage or US currency no matter the date of the coin or the date. Once the Federal Reserve releases the coins or paper money it is always the amount listed a client deposits it into a valid account of that establishment. Now for the big punch, all banks or credit unions, have to by law except all coinage or currency at face value. I could find nothing about fees you can be charged. I am going to have to do some more searching about if it is even legal to charge 100% (sounds like a loan shark to me).

I am not going down without a fight.

Thanks All
DScoins
USN Retired/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)