2012 What's In Store For Coin Collecting?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
RHM22
Coin Expert

Re: 2012 What's In Store For Coin Collecting?

#21 Unread post by RHM22 »

Assuming the ramped-up numbers are true, is it possible that coin hoarding was widespread during the 'Y2K scare'?

Nolifeking
Coin Expert

#22 Unread post by Nolifeking »

Well I'm sure what is going to happen and none of us do for that matter. No matter the outcome of 2012 I think we can at least all agree that it will affect coin collecting in some way. I think we should all make ourselves aware of the drawbacks or gains from 2012. If there are good opportunities in store for collectors we should take advantages of them. If there may be hardships we should prepare as well. It seems to me that it probably going to be an all or nothing thing. Either the world will end as we know it or nothing with happen. As we seen from Y2k when nothing happened everything resumed to its normal course. I do know that if the world does come to an end I'm going to be angry because 2012 is when I graduate from college. :l

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#23 Unread post by Daniel »

The world won't end in 2012, but the coin and bullion market will be affected do to the scare and hype. I predict, before Dec. 2012 that gold will reach $2,000 and silver will make a record at $60 an ounce.

Nolifeking
Coin Expert

#24 Unread post by Nolifeking »

Daniel wrote:The world won't end in 2012, but the coin and bullion market will be affected do to the scare and hype. I predict, before Dec. 2012 that gold will reach $2,000 and silver will make a record at $60 an ounce.

Would gold and silver plumet sometime shortly after the december 2012 date or would they stay higher. It seems to me as though the demand would only be before the date and after everything is okay prices would plumet. I no experienced investor though otherwise I wouldn't be asking :l

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Unread post by Daniel »

Yes. I do believe there will be a drop after nothing happens, and I don't plan on holding anything after the date passes. If I'm wrong, then I don't think gold, silver or coins will help me survive anyway :l

Nolifeking
Coin Expert

#26 Unread post by Nolifeking »

I better metal detect hard this summer and finds lots of silver then! :l Then I can sell it before 2012.