Asking For Advice On My Website

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Asking For Advice On My Website

#1 Unread post by Daniel »

If you collected Half Cents and wanted to learn more about them, what would you think of this page if you visited it? Should there be less ebay links? Should there be more information?

Don't change it.

Also, don't forget to click on the mintage and price guide Half Cent link which is also a sister page to each of my coin facts pages.

Isaiah

Re: Asking For Advice On My Website

#2 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:If you collected Half Cents and wanted to learn more about them, what would you think of this page if you visited it? Should there be less ebay links? Should there be more information?

Don't change it.

Also, don't forget to click on the mintage and price guide Half Cent link which is also a sister page to each of my coin facts pages.

I would have less eBay links. That is just me though. I would indeed include more information. I hope this is of some use. Other than that, everything is perfect as is.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

The idea of the pages is to provide information on the Half Cents and a picture for identification. Also, I added ebay links for each date so collectors could find just the date they want and help them search faster and eliminate irrelevant coin auctions.

It's the reason I called the website Coin Auctions Help. I wanted to create a site for a unique niche because there are many sites that offer detailed coin info. I didn't want to completely copy other coin sites.

Which ebay links do you think should go, the RSS, ebay sponsored links, or ebay date links?

Isaiah

#4 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:The idea of the pages is to provide information on the Half Cents and a picture for identification. Also, I added ebay links for each date so collectors could find just the date they want and help them search faster and eliminate irrelevant coin auctions.

It's the reason I called the website Coin Auctions Help. I wanted to create a site for a unique niche because there are many sites that offer detailed coin info. I didn't want to completely copy other coin sites.

Which ebay links do you think should go, the RSS, ebay sponsored links, or ebay date links?
Nothing to do. It's perfect as it is.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel »

Could you give me a reason? I'm trying to improving these pages and these links are my earn me enough money so I can justify all the time I spend on my website.

It seems visitors click on these links every day so I want to continue to offer this on some level. Do you have any other recommendations?

Isaiah

#6 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:Could you give me a reason? I'm trying to improving these pages and these links are my earn me enough money so I can justify all the time I spend on my website.

It seems visitors click on these links every day so I want to continue to offer this on some level. Do you have any other recommendations?
Keep it as is! It's fine the way it is, and I was not thinking of the profit when I posted that. Your website is fine. Keep it as is.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel »

I really need to watch my typos!

Anyway, it's not just about the earnings. If I we could come up with another method of earning, but also help people find the date they want, and learn about their favorite coins, then I'm all ears.

I track these links and over 50% of my site visitors click these links. In example, if I get 380 hits in a day then I will get 200 hits on my links, and sometimes more. I think I'm doing well enough, but I want to appear relevant and not ad ridden.

Isaiah

#8 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote: appear relevant and not ad ridden.
Ad ridden? Far from it. I'm serious. Your website's fine. I was just thinking that it kind of contradicted what you believe in having links to SGS coins on your site. But it's all good. Perhaps I'm just too critical. Keep up the good work.

~Isaiah

Isaiah

#9 Unread post by Isaiah »

Sgs Coin Grading
Bid on Sgs Coin Grading now! Find US Coins.
http://www.eBay.com

Ads by Google

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Daniel »

I saw that and I meant to disallow SGS to show up in my google adsense, but it's been on the back burner with all the other tasks at hand. I will do this. I agree, it's a contradiction.

Isaiah

#11 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:I saw that and I meant to disallow SGS to show up in my google adsense, but it's been on the back burner with all the other tasks at hand. I will do this. I agree, it's a contradiction.
Then, it's all good. Thanks.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by Daniel »

I just filtered the ad. Let me know if SGS shows up again. It shouldn't.

Isaiah

#13 Unread post by Isaiah »

The SGS ad is back.

~Isaiah

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by Daniel »

I haven't seen it all day, and I still don't see it. Anyway, when I clicked it last night it just brought me to an ebay page so maybe it won't lead people to that you know who.

Isaiah

#15 Unread post by Isaiah »

TPGSadmin wrote:I haven't seen it all day, and I still don't see it. Anyway, when I clicked it last night it just brought me to an ebay page so maybe it won't lead people to that you know who.
Quote: "#
Sgs Coin Grading
Bid on Sgs Coin Grading now! Find US Coins.
www.eBay.com"

~Isaiah