Die Brakes, Die chips

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

DSCoins
Coin Collector

Die Brakes, Die chips

#1 Unread post by DSCoins » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:56 pm

When ever I hear something on one of other YouTube channels I'm subscribe to, and question what they are saying First thing I do is post my question here, out of respect for those here; knowing that they will give me (us) an honest answer. OK now for the question in a round about way. A lot of the other channels when they do coin searches, be it a new (uncirculated) box or circulated. At their end of search round up, many of them talk about sending nice uncirculated coins to graded. I can some what understand that, but they also talk about sending in their coins with Die Chips, Die Brakes, and Die Scratches. Are these considered Error type coins or are they just trying to blow smoke up our $&^%.

Thank You All very for being here for answering our Questions

DScoins

USN Retired/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Die Brakes, Die chips

#2 Unread post by Daniel » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 am

Hum... I can say this it cost up to $70 to send one error coins in to PCGS and the other two are not much further behind that. So if they're sending in those tiny errors then they're paying more for grading than they are for the coin's potential value. I did a video on this subject https://youtu.be/RDDsMjvhlwY

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#3 Unread post by Paul » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:28 am

I agree with Daniel here........ with the exception of a huge "Whopper" die crack.
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

DSCoins
Coin Collector

#4 Unread post by DSCoins » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:45 pm

That's what I figured. They are just putting on a show for those watching who do not know the truth about these coins. Some might even send the coins out because YuoTube ABC, said they were valuable errors. I guess not only are they putting it up on their channels, but also trying to pawn them off as raw error coins on E-Bay, because the buyer saw it on one of those channels telling them they were. Sound like a double scam to me

Thanks to those here and for sharing knowledge.

DScoins
USN Retired/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)