Search found 35 matches

Return

by pahwa
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2006P WDDO-045 or dud

One option would be to send it to Wexler and have him attribute the coin. I believe it is $5 for the service. Probably much more than the value of the coin. However, if he determines that it is a new variety your name should be attached to the coin as the finder. That really doesn't resemble a die c...
by pahwa
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2006P WDDO-045 or dud

Yes, I have heard that he has quite the backlog as well. At least he is feeling better now or feels that he can start back to the attribution of the coins again. As with anything, if it is good it is worth waiting for. I myself wouldn't send it in even if there was a quick turn around. That would be...
by pahwa
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need calipers for coin roll searching now?

I use a USB scope, but at the time it was rather expensive. It is nice to be able to put it on the computer monitor and be able to move the coin around with my fingers and watch it kicked back. Being able to adjust the light source is a must. Now unless you attribute coins or make a living collectin...
by pahwa
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982P LINCOLN CENT DOUBLED DIE OBVERSE

I am sure not seeing anything on that coin. There are 3 DDO's for 82 large date at least listed on coppercoins. In my opinion, the devices just don't show the thicknesses for the DDO's. None of the markers show up are well. I went to coppercoins and here are the links of the DDO's that were listed. ...
by pahwa
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982P LINCOLN CENT DOUBLED DIE OBVERSE

What kind of scope are you using? The scope may be fine, it may be more lighting. My USB scope uses led lights in a circular pattern around the scope. I can turn off half or all. Always turn the coin at least 90°or less, more pictures or views and see if those same views show the same split serifs o...
by pahwa
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sorting Keepers From Spenders?

I am sorry I cannot help you with the grading question. Daniel or others on here will have much better help with that. But 173 pounds, what a great discovery. That reminds me, my mail carried was suppose to get with me with a bunch of pennies.. But anyway, great find, I wouldn't throw any out right ...
by pahwa
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help what do you think

I think you are looking at a normal dime - business strike - with some sort of damage. Could have been in the ground for a period of time. But it is still worth about 10 cents.
by pahwa
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sorting Keepers From Spenders?

I guess I missed the fact that you found a wam. Awesome, congrats. I have been looking for a wam and cam for a long tme. You don't know how many resumed finds these guys said that weren't when I posted one I thought that was many years ago. I am still looking pennies a bazillion, me 0. I took a litt...
by pahwa
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 p Lincoln cent

Ok I guess I am not following exactly what you are wanting. I am seeing two normal 2017 P pennies. One is brown and one is red. If you believe one is copper or different sizes you need to weigh them. I can tell you the left one is a clad coin with the zinc corrosion showing. As for the shields, I ca...
by pahwa
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1907 saint gaudens gold coin

That seems like a very good deal on that coin. Now not wanting to see alarming, but only for your own protection if I were you I would purchase yourself an electronic gold tester. There are some that are fairly reasonibly priced and if you make a couple of hundred dollar investment and it saves you ...
by pahwa
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question

It is a Knights of Columbus emblem. Knights of Columbus
by pahwa
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1968 proof

Tjm, Daniel will not steer you wrong you got that right. That ol' '68 you got there is a typical Philly 68. Nice heavy strike and good detail. Very cool looking coins. Man, when you look at those coins compared the the new ones they are minting now there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, they ca...
by pahwa
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1934 p 1DR-002/DDR-001 MDS Stage B LWC

Great win, congrats. I don't have any experience to answer your question.
by pahwa
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1970 - S RPM could this be a small date?

When you are checking coppercoins for the variety picture you think you have and found a possible match, remember there are marker pictures along with that variety to confirm your find. To open those up, just in case you may not know, at the bottom of the picture, description and the small value cha...
by pahwa
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1965 Washington Quarter struck on Silver Planchet

Justapiece, these are the weights I have in my notes for quarters. I don't actively collect quarters hence 'from my notes'. Though if I find an old one or a good looking one in pocket change I will keep it. As Daniel said, he could see copper on the edge, any copper showing it will be a clad. Howeve...
by pahwa
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2000 P Maryland State Quarter DD or Mech DD

I am not seeing any extra thickness to the devices, some die wear and machine doubling. I couldn't find anything listed as well.
by pahwa
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1972 DDO - (1972P-1DO-004) roll hunting

Congrats on the find. Though I am not convinced that it is an 004. It could be a LDS 007. It is hard to see the markers in the photo's. You can do that at Coppercoins. Unless you take extremely clear, high resolution, high micro photos it is very hard for someone else to check the markers. Go to Cop...
by pahwa
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1980 Shadow S/D

I am sorry but this is not it. If you look at the position of the mint mark you will see that this one is too far west and north than the one in the picture on Coppercoins. The mint mark will match exactly. Also, the markers were not there as well.
by pahwa
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1971 D 1 Cent Mint Error Or PMS??

Yes like Paul says damage, post mint. pmd.. Post Mint Damage. Tho I think you know already knew that just a typo. lol:
by pahwa
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1993 1 Cent Doubled Ear??

Great site PetesPockets55. I had forgotten about it maddieclashes and Jason C. I knew him some years ago when I was doing a lot of coin collecting. I used to use similar overlays to check fo mintmark placement for RPM's if the MM's were very close or to show someone that theirs couldn't be one becau...
by pahwa
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1980 Shadow S/D

PetesPockets55 I too am just coming back to coins after a few year hiatus. It was so nice to come back here and see so many of the ol' members still here. I am getting a reboot as you put it as well. You mentioned the relief problems, I too sometimes have the same problems. I blame it on to many yea...
by pahwa
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1976 D Bicentenial Quarter Die Crack

Nice die crack. They are cool when they start getting large and more distinct like that.
by pahwa
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1996 D Penny close AM

"1994-2008 should all be Close AM" Your coin appears to be a normal strike for the year according to the article that Daniel posted. Close-ups of the Intails would beneficial. Also, full pictures of the obverse and reverse are always nice as well.
by pahwa
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reverse of this Penny like saw teeth doubled

It looks like a little shark tooth a chomp or two into it. lol Someone was playing with the way it looks or a saw dropped on it. It is a weird pattern.
by pahwa
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1972 D Washington Quarter WMHR-001 Master Hub Doubling

Justapiece this is a relative late die strike with lots of circulation wear. Some of the doubled dies we are searching for are hard to find on some of the pristine BU UNC coins without a scope it seems. The one you are looking for on this quarter isn't a very strong one with huge notching. One Weakn...
by pahwa
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1995 P Washington Quarter reverse Die cracks

They are common but they are pretty cool.. Those are some nice ones, good sized.
by pahwa
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1995 P Washington Quarter reverse Die cracks

Justapiece, I'll keep nice ones too. Your quarter is a beauty. That long curved crack to the top of the eagles head, very cool. The coin is circulated but actually is pretty good shape. I'd call it a very nice find. I roll hunt for varieties and errors, generally the obvious ones, but some are prett...
by pahwa
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1953-D variety?

HI claudewill1, if by chance you found a coin with a mint mark touching a number lets say on a 1953 D, with the life of a die, producing several hundred thousand coins, and 66 years later and such an obvious error I would think it would have been found by now. I looked to see if there was an RPM wit...
by pahwa
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1964 D Washington Quarter , possible doubling on mint Mark

Nice pictures! That is a sweet coin. Doesn't one just gotta love those mirror shiny coins? :)
by pahwa
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1973 D Kennedy Half Dollar

Justapiece, however, to answer your question of what you are seeing on the three coins that all three were struck by the same die that has some insignificant damage on the die. It is a mint error, but nothing more than like a die scratch. It is a good die marker when looking thru OBW's rolls. If you...
by pahwa
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1973 D Kennedy Half Dollar

Justapiece, you aid it all when you said, "never know whats there." Keep up the good hunt, have fun and if you have any questions, just ask. :thumbsup:
by pahwa
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Here

Welcome to the forum and site Chesnes, lots of info and knowledge. Need anything or have a question about a coin just ask.
by pahwa
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Paul - 1972 Kennedy Half weighs 10.37 grams should weigh 11.34

if he has weighted various other Kennedys and they were within normal Kennedy weight's, I would say the scale is fine. Now I found a magic coin Kennedy a couple of days ago and it weighed light. Drop the coin and drop other Kennedy's, do they sound the same? I don't know enough about Kennedy and the...