Search found 506 matches

Return

by Daniel
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How To Post Images, Questions & Make a Meaningful Title In This Community

When you're posting in this forum remember these things: Start your own topic, so please don't post your coin or question in another person's topic. Remove your coin from the holder. Post ONLY one coin per topic, we don't need comparison images. Crop your image and take as clear of an image as poss...
by Earle42
Thu May 13, 2021 7:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help coin or token?

Search engine 1st link shows circulated condition value 10.00. Please don't give people false hopes.

DuckDuckgo websearch result
by Paul
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eye Fatigue

Remember:

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"
quoted by Pauly-Lama
by Matthudson
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Circulation find!

"They don't make 'em anymore!' Those words created a monster back in 1971, when I was 7 or 8 years old. I was showing a pal the back of a penny that had wheat stalks, instead of some building. In fact, at the time, about half of the cents in circulation did. I remember finding Lincolns all the ...
by SensibleSal66
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: trinary or not

I would call it One Dollar and call it a day .
by Matthudson
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd like a turn at the 1974-* Lincoln cent game, please

One of the "free 9" coins extracted from a box, when I discovered that one of the cents in the roll was a rare "Roosevelt dime struck on a dime planchet" error! 1974-blob. I was happy just to have an "S" mint for a change. After reading the other posts here, I'm curious...
by Paul
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1954 D Dime Roosevelt has a pierced ear

Every little contact Mark on a coin does not mean it's an error…
by Matthudson
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very weird 1927-O Mercury Dime (lge mm variety)

So, my great grandma collected coins from circulation. Among the coins passed on to me was a mercury dime folder, about 85% complete! Yay! You need to understand at this point that I come from a long line of craftsmen, woodworkers mostly. We're also talking about an era where nothing was ever wasted...
by SensibleSal66
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got pretty lucky today

Sound like you did the right thing. : )
by monsterbug1
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post your most epic CRH/LCS finds here!

1937 D 3 Legged PCGS XF 40 from bulk bin at LCS for $1

CRH- Barber ender half- 1902+ a 90% Kennedy in the roll
by Daniel
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What error is this called and what would an estimated value be ?

Quit saying everything is pmd. This is a mint error. Its an indentation .. something circular got stuck on the DIE when it struck the coin ,causing a circular indentation on the face of President Kennedys face. If you don't like the advice here then post your coin somewhere else for a second opinio...
by Funky Strike
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 D MS 70 KENNEDY 50C

Do you have a Picture of the Coin?
by Mtets7
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1976 Bicentennial Half Dollar. Press Error?

Thank you all for the quick responses.

I am so impressed with this community! How welcoming and helpful everyone is absolutely amazing!
by jonandeve
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Proper introduction!

Hello! My daughter and I have very recently begun collecting coins! Particularly of the silver variety! yes we have been bit by the silver bug! so far it has been fascinating holding coins that are decades old and older! so far we appreciate the walking liberties and morgans the most! Mr. Daniel, if...
by SensibleSal66
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One year anniversary . Thank You !

Hello everyone !! My name is Sal and I've been collecting for 45 years and errors for about 10 years ( still learning everyday). Today is my 1st anniversary and I want to thank Earl42,Daniel , Paul and everyone else that I haven't mentioned ( too many)! I've also been into Metal Detecting for about ...
by Daniel
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1972 D DDO?

It's etsy pricing on a coin you don't have any idea what it is. User was banned from this forum.
by Matthudson
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

eBay LOTS, 1854 large cent

I won 3 auctions from this one guy on eBay. A 4-coin lot, a 3-coin lot, and a single coin. (1847 EF - nice!) The poster's pics were 500 x 375 pixels. (Maybe he took them in the 1970s?) s-l500.jpg When they arrived, 5 of them were utter disasters [/u]! Like this one: S2060008.JPG When I contacted him...
by DSCoins
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

U.S. Making Money Series

The following links are short videos on how the mint makes your money from the U.S. Mints YouTube Channel. San Francisco Mint: making money Philadelphia Mint: Making Money Circulating Coins: Making Money Denver Mint: Making Money West Point Mint: Making Money Bullion Coins: Making Money Proof Coins...
by Matthudson
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1853 dime - to arrow, or not to arrow. That is the question

What stealth trickery is afoot here!

Did they scrape the arrows off this dime to make it more valuable? What cunning counterfeit! Undetectable!

I am perfectly fooled.

dime.jpg
by Earle42
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Safe Coin Storage...aka. No, Virginia, slabs are not airtight

I do not believe there is any claim by any grading company that their slabs are airtight. That idea is, like so many other things, an assumption made by the masses. When stored, coins degrade primarily from both exposure to air and humidity. The chemicals in the air oxidize (yup ...just like a nail ...
by Earle42
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin Washing

Remember "shiny" is NOT what makes a coin "valuable" to a collector. Collectors are looking for coins that have no wear on the design. Of the coin still has original luster, then this is a plus for sure. But a worn coin that has been shined is a sure sign of cleaning and greatly ...
by Matthudson
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1920 Slaquer

Clear the area of sharp things, knives, etc. Flip the breaker switch on the garbage disposal. Mr. Weasel, you'd better wanna sit down: One of ten in a lot won for $53.10... (Mostly VG to F) S2090012.JPG S2090004.JPG S2090011.JPG Basically, I bought this for $5.31 cents - or $53.31, and got 9 free! E...
by Matthudson
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1876-S Seated Quarter - The Butler Did It

Back at the turn of the former century, affluent collectors housed their coins in wooden cabinets, usually obverse up. They would periodically "groom" them by wiping the dust off with a cloth. If they were really well off, they would delegate this task to their household staff. I believe t...
by Matthudson
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I could not love this story more! Bravo!
by thairunts
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Funny how looking out for others will often end up with them looking out for you.. Great post and good luck!
by DSCoins
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roosevelt Dime 1995P Obverse Mint Strike Error

This is Post Mint Damage, The coin has what appears to be a clear foreign surface on the coin.
by DSCoins
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you feel we are not correct in our assessment of your coin then post it on a different site for a second opinion. You have to remember Daniel eats, sleep, and works coins he has seen quite a few of those type coins. Then you have Paul, who just so happens is a CONECA WI. State Attributor. The re...
by Triple C
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations young man! Best of luck to you!
by Matthudson
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My first Ty1 SLQ 1917 reasonable grade

You found her! As you will note, the the dots and dashes around the circumference are Morse Code for "Stolen From Earle42 - Please Return if Found." Yes, it is a beautiful coin. I will be glad when she is back home. Thanks for finding her for me 😜 I flunked Morse Code in Telegraphing clas...
by Matthudson
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spot price find - 1892 Barber Quarter

From a fellow collector's junk box, a Good 1892 Barber quarter. A little peril at the rim on the obverse can be seen through the mylar window of the 2x2. He establishes that today's melt would be $4.17. I offer him $6.00 for it, because I'm not cheap. I am not a monster - beast yes - monster, no. He...
by Daniel
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would send you a $100 bill if this exact coin in these images comes back a mint error from PCGS, better yet, I would pay your grading fees as well. That is how confident I am that this coin has a after mint substance on it. I’ve seen so many coins like this, search the forum and you can too, that ...
by DSCoins
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

miss nomenclature of Bank Rolled Coins

What is a bank rolled coins? All of the following methods for coins are the same for currency. First off bank rolled coins is a miss nomenclature. The banks ( the term banks including banks, Credit Unions, and all other similar institutes) do not roll these coins. It is a Third Party which rolls th...
by Earle42
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

👀 IMMEDIATE ANSWERS: Step by step find your Doubled Die or RPM online! 👀

You should use this method for every coin you find that you think is a doubled die or an RPM. If you do not find yours there, then your coin is not the error you are asking about. It is likely damage or some form of non-collectable doubling such as machine doubling. In the following example, we are ...
by HammeredCoins
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State Quarter Die Error

Will do! Here are a few examples of encapsulated dies from NGC (not mine). It’s not really worth it to get any of the fully defaced dies certified as they aren’t really worth much to begin with. But dies that have some, or all of the face remaining does make it worth it. Cheers! 61E79E2C-226A-4F78-A...
by HammeredCoins
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1916 Buffalo Nickel Die

Hello everyone! I recently posted a question about a coin die that I had in a different thread and I appreciated everyone’s kind responses so I wanted to share another find of mine and ask all you US coin experts for your thoughts. A few years back, I was able to acquire something that I thought was...
by Earle42
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln cent 1982 small date cooper 3,09 gr

Za objavu na engleskom jeziku koristite internetskog prevoditelja. Tako da će svi razumjeti. Tako ćete dobiti više mišljenja. Hvala.😊