Search found 6 matches

Return

by Coin Mule
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016-D Lincoln Penny w/ multiple errors (Die Clash, Die Break, Strike Through, Lamination...)??? I DON'T KNOW!!!

Hi S welcome. That is Post Mint Damage, or a parking lot coin. It ended up obverse down into the parking lot then run over a few good times. But keep hunting
by Paul
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016-D Lincoln Penny w/ multiple errors (Die Clash, Die Break, Strike Through, Lamination...)??? I DON'T KNOW!!!

Notice how the writing is "Mirror Image Backward", this is because a different coin was pressed into your coins surface, transferring that other coins image into your coin
by Earle42
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We see many coins here where someone glued a coin to another and then separated the coins. This leaves reverse impressions as well. Putting this coin into acetone would remove glue residue and the impression also (if it is glue). I suspect this is the case since, as you say, the numbers in the date ...
by Paul
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking much closer at your images, I have to agree with Earl42.
It appears that there is a foreign substance on the surface of this coin.

I had a hard time reading the images the way that they were snapped.