Search found 6 matches

Return

by BillyBob
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1983 P & D Washingtons

Collector's setting the price I get but they seem fairly plentiful in the upper circulated grades and perhaps a bit more plentiful than the 82. Gotta have 'em both to complete the set. That's about it. Thank you for your time Daniel. I know how busy you are.
by BillyBob
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAMs and CAMs

Just thought there'd be an explantion for why. One may never know why. :)
by BillyBob
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1962 no mint mark nickle

This reminds me of a time when I was a freshman in high school. A boy was selling a nickel. I was not too knowledgable about features on the nickel at that time. When I saw the 'star' between Liberty and the date, I thought wow!! now there is something there. Short story is I overpaid for it. When I...
by BillyBob
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1975 Kennedy Half? (It grabs your attention!)

In 2012 when a die for a 1921 Morgan dollar was found in the mint archives, showing the mint was in the way to making 1921 Morgans (but never did), Daniel produced some of those as overstrikes. Earle, was this a typo? You are an expert so that is why I am asking. The mint made 1921 P,D,S Morgans in...
by BillyBob
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a common error on a 1956 penny ?

I have a feeling that the mint mark moving around is just a matter of those in charge of putting the mint mark into the die, is just normal occurance. However, maybe the experts will answer here soon and we'll know for sure.
by BillyBob
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PSA: VAMs

I had seen VAM a lot. I just assumed it stood for Varieties and Mint mark errors but I wasn't sure. Finally looked it up. Instead of stumbling around any further, I am going to borrow something from the American Numistmatic Association website: "The largest study was done over 44 years ago by L...