Search found 7 matches

Return

by SensibleSal66
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My first Morgans

I like these coins also . I will go AU55 on both coins , Slight trace of wear, Luster s still present , although marred by light surface abrasions . I had to look in my ANA Grading Standards book for this one . I recommend in the future owning one for grading and of course Daniel's grading guide .
by mikev50
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

very nice coins--au55--au58---first thing i would do is get them out of them holders---put them in something without staples--
by SensibleSal66
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are my pet peeve because they can scratch one coin to another if not crimped with pliers . I personally like the adhesive 2x2 holders for bulk coins and for my favorites I use the "do it self style " slabs that just snap together like these .
by Coin Mule
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey H, nice coins, remember that the '21s had "plane" dies and not "basined" in other words not polished so the luster will be weak in these in general. With this being said I think the thing that will kill these are not so much the wear but the hairlines on the obverse, and also...
by Daniel
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 1921's are nice and average for this year and they're selling for an average of $40 in the current market.
by Earle42
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I remember the thrill in owning my first Morgan. I was a boy and that 1879 was so very special. It still is. Too bad all these years have gone by and I have not kept my looks as well as she kept hers! Congrats on some nice silver cartwheels.