Search found 104 matches

Return

by Paul
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1974 mini Nickel

This is an older magic trick...... called "The Shrinking Nickel".... What happens here, is that you place the smaller nickel under the hollowed out larger nickel in your palm..... Then with a handkerchief, cover your palm, and when you pull off the handkerchief, take hold of the larger ni...
by SensibleSal66
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lincoln Cent Resource - errors

Hey everyone . I just wanted to share an Error website that I use often . It covers just about every error you can think of . I see a lot of pennies here and that's my reasoning for choosing the small cent and sharing this awesome site . Enjoy and be Safe . Sal http://www.lincolncentsonline.com/inde...
by Coin Mule
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello - New here - Looking to learn how to hunt!

Hey, FS, welcome. Just a couple of suggestions. When posting a photo please use the best resolution the you can, a black background helps get the details. I use my Note 10 with a selfie ring. Also try to do as much research about the coin in question as you can before posting, folks don't mind helpi...
by roadrunner
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello - New here - Looking to learn how to hunt!

Greetings Programs! Im roadrunner and I hunt die varieties,buy,sell,and some collecting.😃
by CaptJohn2
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How to avoid bad Internet sellers & find good ones

Here are some things to look for in sellers you should avoid. Feel free to add to this list: 1. poor pictures - so many sellers have terrible pictures. Some so tiny you cannot even tell what the date is. Others too blurry for you to tell the grade or if it is fake. 2. Poor Feedback. If several othe...
by Coin Mule
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1889 P Morgan Weak "Funky" Strike

Hey FS, well, if it was a weak strike the ear would be flat with not a lot of definition, and the breast feathers would be almost flat, the ear on this coin looks pretty good and so do the feathers, to be weak strike. If you are referring to the overall dull color of the coin, I would say cleaned, a...
by Daniel
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1889 P Morgan Weak "Funky" Strike

This is from a roll crimping machine or counting machine, the stars and dates where mechanically flattened.
by Ray130286
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin

Thanks.
Best answer ever.
by SensibleSal66
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1922 S Peace Dollar - Struck Through Grease?

I don't know , sort of looks like a weak strike . It looks like it suffers from some PVC damage too .
by Daniel
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It PVC residue damage from what I can see.
by Coin Mule
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Funkmiester, sorry for the bad news, but I gotta agree with Daniel on this. The spots all over the place are the classic indicators of PVC. So you can try to remove it with acetone, but if the corrosion has already set in there is not much you can do. These types of coins are really difficult to...
by Paul
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe that the OP was asking about the "Wavy-ness" as seen in the fields..............?
by Earle42
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Die deterioration enhanced by having dirt inside the marks such that the wavy lines are more visible.
by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another look at the 1922 S Peace Dollar

Hey Funky, man that surface looks wrinkly and strange. Maybe some kind of environmental post mint damage. Or ...........

by Coin Mule
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another look at the 1922 S Peace Dollar

Funky Strike wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:46 pm So I shouldn't post my other alien coin then...?
Bahahahha, now thats funny 😆😆😆😆
by Paul
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1963 D Franklin Doubling - Do you see it - what kind?

Looks like strike doubling to me
by Daniel
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1963 D Franklin Doubling - Do you see it - what kind?

Your coin is 90% silver do it's worth around $9 to $11. Not a doubled die.
by SensibleSal66
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's between the Bust and Trust on Mr. Franklin?

Looks like a small Die Chip . Thanks for sharing .
by Daniel
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's between the Bust and Trust on Mr. Franklin?

Stuff like this is very common, you will see die chips and small breaks on coins often when you continue to look. No extra value or collector interest unless it's a cud along the rim.
by SensibleSal66
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1922 S Peace Dollar on a Double Date!

Hey Funky , it's just MD ,
by Daniel
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is strike doubling. Vamworld.com has images of what Peace Dollars look like when they're doubled dies.
by Paul
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Strike Doubling" is part of the 'planchet striking process' which occurs during the actual strike of the coin… And is very common "Die Doubling" occurs during the actual 'die making process', when a double image of the devices become impressed into the dieface… and is unintenti...
by Daniel
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should you submit your coins for grading?

Should you submit your coins for grading?

In this video I highlight the pros and cons of sending coins off for grading and how to find out if you should send your coins.

by Coin Mule
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nickadate

Hey C, in the immortal words of the great philosopher and erudite Daniel Malone, and I quote, "don't clean circulated coins". Here is why, the moment you mess with a circulated coin you alter the surface. Now if we are talking about a coin from 1909, you can imagine all of the "patina...
by CaptJohn2
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not put a price on it?

You have a coin you want to sell. Why pay a bunch in fees to have a raw coin certified that you know is genuine? Let the next owner do that if he is so inclined. If you have a price in mind fer a raw coin, just offer it at that price. If'n there are no takers, that probably means the grade you thoug...
by Coin Mule
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New to group

Just going to have to call my cynical, this type of stuff is a waste of time. I might have been wrong on this but spending so much time on a minor variation takes away from looking for the good stuff. I am not being mean or snide here but so many important things could be learned about the minting ...
by Paul
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shipping Coins...

I made a post on this:

LINK
by Coin Mule
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buy the Coin not the Holder

Hey Funkmiester, in general, if it is too good to be true then it probably is. If you are looking for raw coins go here https://portsmouthcoinshop.com/, I hear he is offering mint/gem Peace dollars for under melt, it's what I heard on the internet, so it has to be true. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 That holder is what I h...
by SensibleSal66
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a common error on a 1956 penny ?

I would say so since they were hand punched back then . This video shows how much of pain it was ,
by Daniel
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1912-S Barber Dime RPM in Dominion Holder - What should I do?

I would be posting this at CONECA forum.
by Paul
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see it....
I'm not sure why you would want to re-holder this coin, it's already in a slab.
by Coin Mule
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FunkMiester, what up 🐕. I'm with Paul and Big D on this one. I think if it was a "clean" coin rather than a "cleaned" coin, I might do it, but it has already kind of been labeled as "cleaned/deets" coin. It does not mean it is worthless, just because of what it is, but ...
by Earle42
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ditto, ditto, and ditto to the last three comments :)
by Coin Mule
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1896 ihc pcgs grade

Hey Mike, did you just get this back from PCGS or is it one you are thinking about cracking out. My first response would be "because we say so, now sit down and give us your money". My second thought is that what they are looking at is the wear, and age of the coin and comparing the color ...
by Paul
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How Coins Are Made: Coin Production Terminology

I think anyone interested in numismatics should memorize this:

LINK
by Paul
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1936 Quarter - D over S or just "BS"

I am not aware of any OMM's for the 1936 Washington Quarter series.....

Keep in mind that Mintmark varieties can be the most difficult attributions.......

With the heavy rub on this coin, I would need to see this personally, to verify anything