Jump to topic

Re: Where eagles fly

the number. lol
by DSCoins
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where eagles fly

They have not released what is being referred to as Type 2. The American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin will be released on July 20, 2021.
by silverbul
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Counterfeit coin

may i ask where you pur, pirsc, perc, got this from. lol
by Daniel
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I test mine when I buy.
by txparka
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am also curious where you purchased this from.
by Earle42
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You should be able to get your money back since it is a fake. Look into it.

Testing, unfortunately is a must nowadays. Buying from trusted dealers like Daniel is the best way to make sure you are getting what you pay for.
by DSCoins
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Earle42 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:27 pm Buying from trusted dealers like Daniel is the best way to make sure you are getting what you pay for.

Here Here I second that.
by Paul
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Salt River Bay Quarter

Coin roll crimper damage
by Brian Hagler
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junk silver

I guess it's personal preference...
Are you buying just Bullion then now the price is down a bit but the premiums are still a bit stiff.

If you are buying constitutional silver, my opinion is it's always a good time; although the prices are up as well.
by Daniel
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buy when it is low and silver it low but has regained some value. You really buy what you like no matter when.
by DSCoins
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Did I finally found one? 1992 D DDR

At one time I was where you are in coin roll searching. I can't count the number of times Paul had told me "I'm try too hard". I could not at the understand what he was trying to tell me. He also mentioned that I should stop using my microscope to search coins until I learned what a Doubl...
by DSCoins
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Daniel wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:51 pm .... You really buy what you like no matter when.

I agree with this. Everyone is different and has their own philosophy on what's best
by Daniel
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Did I finally found one? 1992 D DDR

What we're saying is take baby steps, put aside the different coins until you learn more and stick with looking for known varieties. Eventually you will have educated yourself through experience and be able to ID a doubled die, look it up, see there's none discovered and you might make a discovery. ...
by Daniel
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: D over S 1955 Jefferson Nickel

AlchemyCoins, you're not making sense at all. Put the child away and be an adult. We helped you with the facts.
by Daniel
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Silver slickers

XRF gun or take it to a dealer that has one or do a specific gravity test, might find a video on how to do that at Youtube.
by Daniel
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin Shop Shoutout

It's all about attitude and if you have a good one then people will treat you in kind.
by DSCoins
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin Shop Shoutout

It's all about attitude and if you have a good one then people will treat you in kind. I agree with Daniel on that one. I had a person who had his coins at a local antique place. I had been going there for quite a few years and he never did me wrong. I would buy coins from him and 90% of the time h...
by Earle42
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stacker vs Collector

Just a silly question, Stackers are people that just collect anything silver; bars, coins, rounds, etc, etc How much silver do you stack or need to have to be a stacker? According to TOHNFPITISSAFSBCREEEE (The Official Handbook Necessary For Participation In The International Silver Stackers Associ...
by Matthudson
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Found another wheat penny for my Whitman folder!!

Why is it a counterfeit? In person, you can tell that it's been cast, and not struck. But, moreover, because that's what I ordered off the internet. The cartwheel luster with the VF/XF features is also a tip-off. Doesn't match. The color is surprisingly good. I'm guessing they did use 100% copper, ...
by Daniel
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Found another wheat penny for my Whitman folder!!

One second lol. You find an authentic example like PCGS price guide and compare them side by side. If you have the coin in your hand the S mint mark will have a dot die mark in it, and without that it is fake.

Or watch my video
by DSCoins
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982 d doubling

Im not talking about the sphere as much as the obvious dubbling of the one cent stamp.... What stamp???? All I see is a 1982 D one cent coin with possible plating issues-No doubling-NO stamp You really need to to go to, and study Error-Ref and Wexler's Coins and Die Varieties These two sites will h...
by SensibleSal66
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 64,58 quarters

Congrat's ! Your first ever ? In the wild ?
by Daniel
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982 d doubling

I apologize if I sounded gruff. I am only trying to lead you in the right direction to learn about your coins and to use the proper terminology.
by DSCoins
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Upside down

One is referred as type A and the other is type 2. There is no premium as they are not an error
by Earle42
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree.
by Paul
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The terminology here is "Position A", or "Position B"...

See this link:
LINK
by Earle42
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1991 Lincoln Cent Obverse Collar Die Clash?

Jlynn, You said: Ok I’ve given up error searching for the most part but my conscience says not so fast! I hate to see someone get discouraged and so want to share this with you. If I have before, please forgive me. This is the formula for finding error though: Save Yourself time, effort, and disappo...
by Earle42
Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $100 Bills - why is one is smaller than the other?

This can, and does, happen after bills leave the BPE (Bureau of Printing and Engraving - where bills are made). Its likely Post BPE damage.
by Earle42
Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $100 Bills - why is one is smaller than the other?

Yes - bills are uniform size when leaving the BPE.