Search found 8 matches

Return

by tx70810402
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Question from a new member...

Hi there, I'm Mark from the Detroit suburbs. I recently decided to go through all my Grandfathers coins and came across one which I have a question about. I'm attaching 4 pics of a 1909 wheat penny with some strange looking damage/imperfection on the rim - it's symmetrical on both sides of the coin....
by tx70810402
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question from a new member...

PMD. Just saying - hope it was not you shined it up. Cleaning coins devalues them greatly :) It's funny you said that - my dear Mother decided it would really improve my grandfather's wheat penny collection if she went through and 'cleaned' some of them............lucky she only got her hands on ma...
by tx70810402
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Using new microscope and picture taking

That's actually very interesting ! A lot of the videos on youtube I think are misleading when it comes to that topic.

ms
by tx70810402
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1969-S reverse doubling - of some sort......

I've spent some time trying to learn about the difference between machine doubling and actual 'double die striking'. The CoinHelpU youtube video of May 25, 2019 is pretty much the best tutorial I've seen on exactly what the difference is between the two. I can see signs of some kind of 'doubling' al...
by tx70810402
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1969-S reverse doubling - of some sort......

Don't laugh, but any comments on this one? I still remember my grandfather pulling this penny out back in the mid-70's and telling me and my sister some bizarre story about it. Just came across it for the first time since then........I'm sure it's nothing but a joke, but it looks pretty old to me. 2...
by tx70810402
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1931-S - finally I found something..........

Not more than 5 mins ago I finally found a penny that I think is worth at least $20.........and one my Mom luckily did not get her toothbrush after! I know the condition of this is not that great, but would there be any rationale to consider getting this either graded and/or 'conserved' by NCG or PC...
by tx70810402
Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1891 Indian Cent - is NGC wrong? Scratch and not Delamination?

:o Proper Titles Are Important. :o They are indexed on the forum so others can find/research when they have a similar coin. This one was corrected for you. :D :character-cookiemonster: Titles must include date , type of coin and a specific small description of your question. So we can better help y...