Search found 17 matches

Return

by Astr8upwoman
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FAKE OR REAL? 1955 DOUBLE DIE PENNY

Hi Everyone! I am new to forums, if I do something wrong, please, help me...and forgive me! I have a 1955 penny that shows doubling on the obverse side. I have done some researched & still can not decide if it is fake or not. I am hoping to get several opinions along with your reasons why you be...
by wilkinsp21
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Next Set to Collect?

I now have the American Eagle Set 1986 - 2021 completed (will continue past 2021)
and I have a complete set of Benjamin Halves (Minus the Bunny coin; not sure is this is an error or is part of the complete set?)

What is another fairly easy to collect set of coins?
by DanB
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Silver Eagle Set

Congrats! I’m slowing building my set, but I’m being selective and doing MS, SP and PF70’s.
Likely will never complete but being diligent I’ve been snagging a few here and there for less than retail averages....so far.
by SensibleSal66
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a fancy serial number?

No. It's just a spender . LOL
by SensibleSal66
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a cud? on my 1988 p Jefferson Nickel.

Nice cud ! To answer your question , I'm guessing a little added value .I got one for free several years ago . I have it's distant cousin , my Double cud Nickel .
by SensibleSal66
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a cud? on my 1988 p Jefferson Nickel.

I found this link on cuds that says Nickels of this year are > Jefferson nickels (1938-present) — $3+
https://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/die- ... oins-list/
by Coin Mule
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is This the 1962 ddr vp-002 5c?

Hey M, I don't even know if it is something, you may have to send it in to CONECA to get a verification, really hard to tell from photos. As far as value, go on Heritage and search the 500 past sales of '62 nickels and see if you can find one that sold. Or wait for Paul, or both.
by Paul
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MMMMMMMMMMM, this is a difficult one to attribute with images.... Keep in mind that Jefferson Nickel doubled dies, a majority of them, show a very fine spread...... ..... I can't give you a 100% here, sorry, this specimen is a little bit beat up and shows a lot of later stage die wear as well as a ...
by Coin Mule
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey M, what Paul said is what I figured. The probabilities are not on your side on this, it really is beat up and really low probability of even identifying and attributing let alone getting an AU or MS grade. Just to emphasize what Paul said here, and what Daniel has said on other threads and in vi...
by Funky Strike
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: should i submit This 1921 Peace Dollar in for grading?

Very Nice looking Peace Dollar! In my opinion - 1921 Peace Dollars can be tough - Key Date - Prices all over the place - As these guys always say - consider the cost of the coin - the cost to send it in and then what it's worth when it comes back - It's looks too beat up to be considered MS (again -...
by DSCoins
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is This The 1955 D FS-503?

I know DS I just didn't have time at the moment. Its looks kinda like the FS-503 But it looks more like a D/S. [/size] The D that he sees if off set downward much more than the FS-503 plus there are no spit serifs on the back part of the D. Compared to the PCGS photos of both red and brown I can't ...
by Earle42
Sun May 23, 2021 7:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unknown chinese cash coin.

If no answer here try posting on coincommunity.com. I know they have someone there who can read these.
by muswell65
Mon May 24, 2021 7:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unknown chinese cash coin.

I poked around and bit and came up with this: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces28094.html I believe that's about as close as your going to get for dating this vintage Chinese cash coin. My understanding is that these are only identified by the the emperor of the period, which in this case is t...
by Mrweaseluv
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: busy month for the type set :D 1914d barber dime :D

MLC wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:20 pm How much did you pay for it
a hair under 50 (52.50 after shipping) and it lists for 80 so i think i did shazbot well in that dept too
by CaptJohn2
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this 1853 large cent worth sending off for grading?

There are 33 Newcomb varieties listed on the PCGS website! Try to figure out which one you have. Then look at the price for that particular one. If it is less than $100 for an XF, I would not waste money getting it slabbed. Here is the PCGS website: PCGS site And they probably charge extra to ID whi...
by Daniel
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Seeking help

I agree, the coin is NOT authentic.
by Earle42
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Matte Proof Lincoln Dies Striking Biz Strike Coinage

That doesn't do us any good. We need to see your coin to make a determination on it. It's like saying "this is a picture of what my car looks like" but it is only a copy I found on CARS R US you want to buy it? First coin pictured is my coin. Not cars r us. But thanks for making me sound ...