Jump to topic

Re: Full Steps or not?

WELCOME ABOARD ! Maybe #4 ?
by Daniel
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Couple of cents from PCGS

Uneven toning on the cent and when they see purples on copper this almost always happens.
by wilkinsp21
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roosevelt Dime History

This is something I just found out
by karl.bursa
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Auction Win For The Win :)

Hey, Guys. Had to share my super cool Estate auction win with you. I won a bank bag of pennies that was sealed on January 31, 1974 and still had the zip seal straps on them. Didn't know what was in them and bid anyway (I gamble from time to time; what can I say). Anyway, the box arrived today and I ...
by Mrweaseluv
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 new additions to the $20 Large Cent set.

As I believe this is my 1st actual post of the $20 large cent set here let me explain a little. Simply stated This set is the "best" set I could build at a average cost of $20 per coin. Yes this means I might spend 25-26 on a great example but just as many i got for 10-15 :D This is the se...
by Gam3rBlake
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New pickup from Northern Nevada Coin! :)

Hey everyone, Today I was in Nevada and I stopped by Northern Nevada Coin which is a coin shop right next to the Carson City Mint. This is what I picked up :). A 1799 Draped Bust Dollar! I never thought I’d own one of these so I’m super happy to have it. D634671B-3CD3-4B5A-95F0-C925CA06240F.jpeg 5A7...
by SensibleSal66
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin Photography - suggestions?

Hello. I guess I'm the only one so far . Here's my lengthy advice : Use a program , highly recommend either of two programs . 1st , PhotoScape ( free dl,free ) like this for its features of cropping round instead of squarely and side by or vertical stacking of pics, 2nd one , LunaPic (free, no downl...
by Gam3rBlake
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New pickup from Northern Nevada Coin! :)

Beautiful! I love US coinage from the 1700s. Scott Thanks Scott! I’m absolutely 100% with you on love of Pre-1700 American coinage. I just love the history. That’s when our country was just getting started. I mean it’s only a few decades after the American Revolution when this coin was minted. It’s...
by SensibleSal66
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here 's an example of Vertical stacking . and side by side .
by Earle42
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Suggestions for improvement? Yes...since your really nice photos show just how much wear/damage is on these coins, you can send me the coins and I will relieve you from having to take pictures of them again. In fact I would even trade you a couple uncirculated Kennedy half dollars which would have ...
by SensibleSal66
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PVC or other gunk inside a PCGS slab?

I think your only option is 100% Acetone . I've been to numerous websites and all agree with this route . Please use directions. Use distilled water not tap to wash off coin with .
by Daniel
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would submit for conservation since it's already in a PCGS slab
by Coin Mule
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey thairunts, send it back to PCGS, have them conserve it, 100%^ with the Big D on this one. Don't try to do it yourself, on something like this if you mess with it you might mess it up and blow up the value. Once it is in a slab it is sacred for the original grading company, so they will fix the c...
by Mrweaseluv
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agreed, On a coin like that even I would not attempt the conservation myself... I would send to NGC or PCGS for the job... as is PCGS slabbed, they would probably be my 1st choice for the job.
by Earle42
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I noted some funky green residue on the obverse. I'm guessing whomever submitted it to PCGS dipped it badly and it has grown gunk? Maybe humidity in a safe found a crack in the slab? Someone mishandled the coin. Its a fact that graders at all the companies handle the coins themselves. The contamina...
by Daniel
Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Odd doubling on a shield nickel

Longacre doubling from when he had the die cavity cut different to try to improve the strike but this is common and not a doubled die.
by Matthudson
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1920 Slaquer

Clear the area of sharp things, knives, etc. Flip the breaker switch on the garbage disposal. Mr. Weasel, you'd better wanna sit down: One of ten in a lot won for $53.10... (Mostly VG to F) S2090012.JPG S2090004.JPG S2090011.JPG Basically, I bought this for $5.31 cents - or $53.31, and got 9 free! E...
by SensibleSal66
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oddity on planchet?

Looks like Linear striation lines or polish lines.
by typeviic
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crossover Results.......

From "Motel Soap Bar" ANACS holders, to PCGS. Results;... 1902 Morgan crossed from ANACS 62, PCGS 62 1923 Peace $ VAM 3 crossed form ANACS 64, PCGS 64 1935 WLHD crossed form ANACS 64, to PCGS 65 1941-S WLHD crossed from ANACS 64, to PCGS 65 1944-S WLHD crossed from ANACS 64, to PCGS 65 194...
by typeviic
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crossover Results.......

thairunts wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:45 pm Appreciate you reporting your results! Out of curiosity, did you crack them out and send them in raw - or submit as crossovers in their old slabs?
The submission was a true crossover, no crack-outs.
by Gam3rBlake
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New pickup: Denarius of Faustina the Younger

I really like this denarius of Faustina the Younger (minted under Marcus Aurelius) because it has baby Commodus on the reverse along with his brother Marcus Antoninus (who died when Commodus was 3-4 years old). Imagine if he had lived. Commodus would never have become Emperor and, if Marcus Antoninu...
by Gam3rBlake
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roman Republic Quadrigatus

Not that they compare to yours, but here are a few recent quadrigas I had on my desk ranging from 137 to 46 BC. 1) Cn Domitius Ahenobarbus 2) Marcus Baebius 3) T Carisius DomitiusAhenobarbus_r.jpg M_Baebius_r.jpg T_Carisius_46BC_r.jpg Nice ones! Looks like those are coins of the Republic? Yeah the ...
by Carol1859
Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1787 Fugio - need advice on PVC damage

I purchased several good quality colonial coins between 1998 and 2000, many from Stack's. As I mentioned in earlier posts, we moved soon after and the entire collection was misplaced...after 20 years, the collection turned up in a box of other coins. Unfortunately they sat in their PVC holders all t...
by Mrweaseluv
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had to put my 2 cents in today :D 1864!

Type set made a very nice pickup this week... lost 4-5 at auction, bidding on 2 cent pieces seems crazy recently. Had watchlisted this one that was BIN but the price was a bit more then i was willing to pay even after losing the auctions.. fortunetly the dealer sent me an offer that brought the pric...
by Coin Mule
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1942/41 D Dime - Does it look legit?

Funkmeister, congrats, well done.😉 It's exhilarating finding this stuff in the wild, it really is a treat. I have had some friends in my other business ask me how do I offset the risk, I always say, "it's not about the bag, its about the hunt", of course they shake their heads, but who car...
by pnwmakes
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blank type II, post 1982 planchet found coin roll hunting

Picked up a box of cents from my local bank and found this on roll 12, Post 1982 weighs 2.49g. Cool find another item to add to the collection.
by Triple C
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post your “hobo” coins here!

Does it count as a Modified dime:
20211201_154139.jpg
by Mrweaseluv
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Bday present to myself lol :D 1833 1/2 cent

I've been looking for a "nice" half cent that wouldn't break my wallet but would be nice enough for my type set. Generaly this means a "problem free coin". Let's face it any certified "clean" half cent start at about 80 for an AG... and anything AU or better hitting 200...
by USSID18
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My Bday present to myself lol :D 1833 1/2 cent

I'm guessing most (if not all) of our family and friends have no idea what we need or want for our collections..... and that's why we have to buy our own! 😂🤣😉 Nice coin! My wife has such great taste in coins.. she says "buy yourself something for Christmas and I'll wrap it..." This year s...
by Maynor02
Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The second highest grade known 1983-D - FS-101 Lincoln memorial cent.

I would like to show my find of a raw 1983-D - FS-101 doubled die obverse doubled ear Lincoln memorial cent. I found this cent raw hunting through $5 worth of Lincoln cent roles. I looked at the highest grade known which is a MS65RD and compared it with mine and it was my opinion that mine was at le...