1890CC obv.jpg
1890CC rev.jpg
but a little out of focus
by SensibleSal66
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1694 William and Mary 1/2 cent

Ok, Not sure if I posted this here, but I have better pics for those of you who might of missed it. This is a 1694 William and Mary Half Cent that I bought from Great Britain . Short story short, lol, I saw this for $50 on EBAY . It only had 1 day left , no bids. I offer the guy the $50 and he accep...
by Kris W
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin Collecting Databases

Well, I put 25 different coins through the Mint State CIA and sent the results to them and Daniel. It only correctly identified three of them, and misidentified several. mccoy002_kindlephoto-390572874.jpg IMHO, the pics I provided are of better quality than those of a numismatic neophyte with a cell...
by kcm
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Disney Dollar Dementia?

Thank you, Patrick. I’ve been tracking the market using Ebay for some time. I do not wholly trust anything I see on Ebay for purposes of reference. Check out my July 18 START HERE post at: http://coinauctionshelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=15472 The warning from Daniel, Paul and the other si...
by Snyderart
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An Example of Machine Doubling

Hello All, For educational purposes, just wanted to post images of machine doubling I found on a 1989 Lincoln cent while error searching. Mech Dbling 01.jpg Mech Dbling 02.jpg There's a great explanation of machine doubling located here . Daniel has many videos and posts about machine doubling as we...
by trex
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello Daniel Nice to be with you

Im from Québec Canada and been have been world collection coins since 2011. In 2007, I had a car accident, brain trauma, five years rehabilitation. Couldn't work anymore I have decided to find a hobby. Her I am, took me 7 years to be confortable with this hobby and also gold member with PCGS. There ...
by DanB
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FYI when purchasing coins from U.S. Mint

Correct S mint Mark was just released to public yesterday at noon (Eastern time zone). W’s proof and burnished released earlier in the year. Regular bullion has been out a long time as well (no mint Mark). That’s what’s confusing me on how you already have 3 S’s...either way more silver for your col...
by DanB
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FYI when purchasing coins from U.S. Mint

Appears the mint sold out of the S proof coin sometime today. Well technically it’s unavailable, so once returns and payment rejections are sorted out, will likely have a small amount to sell still, but overall looks like the price increase didn’t slow it down much to go through 200K in 2 days....
by mikev50
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1995 frn star note pmg 64

First I love it 64 Grade old school ten dollar bill, very nice grab! I have two questions with paper money like these: 1. Do they have to be graded to be worth more? I have a few "old school" bills like this but no where near as nice; I keeping them since paper money changed, but I am thi...
by karl.bursa
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PCGS For The WIN!!

Hey, guys. I'm sure you recall a few weeks ago, I posted about a special coin that I was given to celebrate the end of my cancer treatment. I posted about it here and on Reddit and joked that I couldn't spend it and that PCGS probably wouldn't grade it. Well, someone from PCGS saw the post and conta...
by Daniel
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PCGS For The WIN!!

Congratulations, this needs to be a video.
by xapatrick
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Irish Coins

These are just base metal tokens, and are not rare or official mint issue of any government. I remember similar "Irish Dollars" being handed out on St. Patrick's day. No great value, but fun for some people to collect.
by Mudring
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello

All 3 actually. And I've been lucky my wife works at a license bureau for 20 sum years and has all the employees watch they're change for me😁 And her work is right beside a bank so they all know her and give her boxes of coins anytime she ask. She actually brought home a 1943 silver quarter last nig...
by thairunts
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question about Selling coins

Selling on ebay comes with a 15% fee (ebay + paypal) - so if possible, I'd recommend selling (safely) local - perhaps craigslist - if the coins aren't TOO rare. If you are targeting silver coins (which are hot right now), you should be able to sell quickly with no fees - perhaps even higher than spo...
by DanB
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question about Selling coins

Sorry to hear you may have to liquidate some coins. There is a Buy Sell Trade section here as well as Daniel has a Facebook page there just for selling. If it becomes necessary to sell I would try there first, at least there you have a chance at getting close to the value without paying ebay fees an...
by DanB
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Silver Eagle Set

Congrats! I’m slowing building my set, but I’m being selective and doing MS, SP and PF70’s.
Likely will never complete but being diligent I’ve been snagging a few here and there for less than retail averages....so far.
by Earle42
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This is so cool!

I remember when these were being advertised. They are cool. As far as being over priced, its a matter of viewpoint. How can you put a price on fun? If you have the cash, the desire, and enjoy it...that's what hobbies are all about. I write this as a way of helping justify my hopefully soon-to-be pur...
by Earle42
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stacker vs Collector

Just a silly question, Stackers are people that just collect anything silver; bars, coins, rounds, etc, etc How much silver do you stack or need to have to be a stacker? According to TOHNFPITISSAFSBCREEEE (The Official Handbook Necessary For Participation In The International Silver Stackers Associ...