Search found 48 matches

Return

by wilkinsp21
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Something Cool I did and wanna share

Hello, I thought I would share this with you all, as I was very happy with the outcome of this project I did. I got a small coin holder frame and placed what we think is my grandfathers first coin ever, a 1826 Large Cent (He always loved cents and said his first was a Large cent, so this was the old...
by wilkinsp21
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CAC stickers

I know. I can only afford the bare minimum . It deters people from getting coins graded. It cost $50 a coin before it's all over. Unless your sending in a bunch of coins, it's not worth it unless the coin is worth at least $150 , no ? I personally would not send off to have any of my coins graded; ...
by wilkinsp21
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

U.S. Mints

Not sure who knew this, but... 1. When I was a kid and collecting coins, I knew there where 3 U.S. Mints active and 2 closed A. San Francisco (S) for Proofs and special coins B. Philadelphia (P) (Most coins without a Mint mark where from Philadelphia) C. Denver (D) D. New Orleans (O) Closed E. Carso...
by wilkinsp21
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why are some foreign coins so cheap?

Right now I have seen within USA that most coins that cost more are the Silver coins; I walked into a dealer store the other day and all older nickels and pennies and non silver where in boxes, 15 cents to 1 dollar per coin, depending on grade. All foreign was like 25 cents for non silver... some wh...
by wilkinsp21
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Serious Question Regarding Mint State Coin Popluations

My Opinion, it all depends; if they are small value in MS-65 and it cost more to have them graded, do you wanna put more into the coin then worth? If you want them graded and slabbed for collecting and do not mind the loss then go for it If you are wanted to sell them and grading them and placing in...
by wilkinsp21
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Serious Question Regarding Mint State Coin Popluations

Example case: I have 4 Morgan silver dollars I got from my grandfather. I thought I hit the jack pot. All are labeled in cardboard folds as UNC GEM and the price he paid back in 1970 which was about 4.50 for each coin. I thought these where worth a lot, after looking all 4 are common dates but if th...
by wilkinsp21
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just me.

Welcome aboard
by wilkinsp21
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lincoln cent with off-center strike

I know this is a Mint strike error, it is off center Since the date is not on the coin, it makes it less in value Possible about $2-$5 Dollars as is from what I have looked up etc I know it is a Lincoln Memorial Cent; So has to be 1959 to 2000 (I say 2003 cause was my grandfathers and he didn't coll...
by wilkinsp21
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Introducing Myself

Welcome aboard
by wilkinsp21
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New to coins

Hello welcome aboard, Good to start out and have a goal, other wise you would be all over the place trying to figure out what sets to collect etc.
Congrats on collecting
by wilkinsp21
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Funny thing I found on the web

That is pretty funny
by wilkinsp21
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Found 1975 Jefferson Nickel misplaced Mint Mark.

First off, it is always exciting to find a cool, different, coin So even if the coin is not worth much, or would lose money if had graded, it is still awesome, don't loose that feeling and keep collecting 1975 will not have silver in the coin But the Mint mark is to be on the reverse of the coin Sor...
by wilkinsp21
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FYI when purchasing coins from U.S. Mint

So when I got back into the coining of coins, I went to the U.S. Mint website to look and possible order some coins https://www.usmint.gov/ After looking on the site, the coins I was looking for where not released yet, I am guessing due to COVID, But I signed up to the "program" I assumed ...
by wilkinsp21
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how many coins can i post

My Opinion... I would post one at a time and get answers for that coin, 1. so we can look at the coin and see what you are asking about and see if we can help 2. as to not flood the board all at once with a lot of coins If you have some same questions related to a few coins add those in a post; but ...
by wilkinsp21
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ancient Coin

that is really cool, I have near in person seen an Ancient coin before, congrats!!
by wilkinsp21
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello

welcome aboard
by wilkinsp21
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: check this morgan out

My Opinion:
1881 Morgan, pictures are a little blurry and/or I am old and have a hard time, but looks like S mint mark
Common coin, but still always nice to have them in this or better condition. with the breast feathers on back etc I would say MS-60 ish? about 40 dollars worth
still I like it
by wilkinsp21
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question about sets

Nope in some cases taking the single coin out of a set is worth more then the set as a whole Proof coins are the highest standard of coin with an extra finishing and detail provided on Proof coins; produced by The US Mint. Uncirculated coins struck to a similar standard but without the finish others...
by wilkinsp21
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PCGS For The WIN!!

that is super awesome!! congrats on holder and beating cancer
by wilkinsp21
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PCGS For The WIN!!

Daniel: I'm not very good at videos and I'm still kind of camera-shy given my appearance after 6 months fighting this disease. If you want to do a shoutout on one of your videos, I give you full and complete permission to use the pictures and my name. Thanks! Daniel did a video, https://www.youtube...
by wilkinsp21
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question, where to get grab bags or bulk

These Grab bags are crazy good, and now there are 3 types, $50 dollar, $100 dollar and $200 dollar
by wilkinsp21
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hey all

welcome
by wilkinsp21
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Proof sets

these are just estimates, you can check on ebay sold for a better number
by wilkinsp21
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Irish Coins

So I just got these and I have never seen or heard of them looking them up I can not find much about them, just wondering there metal specs and are they tokens or real Irish dollars, or what? Seen listed for $5 - $20 dollars in value I read somewhere they where just an item they gave out at St Patri...
by wilkinsp21
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got a BEAUTY. 1839 Half Dime

wow, never seen one this nice before without a grade case on it
by wilkinsp21
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disenyland Coin

So I know about the Disney Dollars; but never seen a Disneyland coin
This is one of my new non US coin favorites
Does anyone have any information about them? What they where used for? all parks or just USA etc
by wilkinsp21
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Thanksgiving

Just wanna say thanks to all the support and help the community has given me and to each other with coins
Have a great Thanksgiving, be safe
by wilkinsp21
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LOOK! Fake Morgan Dollars Being Advertised At Facebook!!

Just wondering, how do we know their fake?
the wording of the sales ad? the pictures? the people posting the ad?
by wilkinsp21
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roosevelt Dime History

This is something I just found out
by wilkinsp21
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello

Welcome aboard;
Question when you go to bank or did before COVID and get rolls of coins, what would you find? or this for error and modern coins? nothing silver?
by wilkinsp21
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wanting to sell

Welcome,
Funny I am in Georgia, Athens area; not sure what Great Collections is, but I know it is hard to do anything in the area coin related.
by wilkinsp21
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Picked up new sets

They are clad sets, always nice to have one imo of each year so show the coins, worth maybe $5-$8 dollars ish IMO they are worth what you think, if that is what you like to collect, Coins are a great hobby, with the history and designs/art work... it happens to be one of the hobbies you can re-sale ...
by wilkinsp21
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question about a Gift I just got

Oh yeah forgot about the "cleaning topic" part sorry.. I might not even use it to clean, but if where, I don't think this is the cleaning for it, or the dip i heard about.
I think I'll just give this to my parents for there Christmas forks and spoons etc...
by wilkinsp21
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible TOKEN? 10C PLEASE HELP

That is what it looks like to me, but one of the other experienced people might know better
by wilkinsp21
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Error coin?

I am still new but looks like damage after mint to me
by wilkinsp21
Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone keep coins in pocket?

Just wondering if anyone keeps Silver in their pocket or have some coins that have special meaning to them I keep a 3 coins in my pocket so I can toss them up and hear the sound of silver and for there meaning; they have gotten dirty, finger prints, toned, etc, but I don't care, 1. Kennedy bicentenn...
by wilkinsp21
Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas all, It is early, but I will be away for a few days

was wondering if anyone had Christmas themed Coins?
by wilkinsp21
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merry Christmas

Amishjedi wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:42 pm I am waiting on this bad boy to arrive - Christmas gift to myself - huge Star Wars fan and its silver to boot!

2020-star-wars-silver-seasons-2-new.jpg

Cheers - Happy Holidays to you & yours.
Oh that is cool, I got the Mandalorian coin
by wilkinsp21
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Question Coin Holder

I just got a 1 1/2 oz Silver Canada coin https://portsmouthcoinshop.com/product/ ... ne-silver/
This is so pretty almost like a Proof coin

My Question is where can I get a holder or something that this will fit? ideas?