Search found 12 matches

Return

by Amishjedi
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Submission to Cuds on Coins help?

I recently contacted JC Stevens (admin of the site) through the site about a BIE die break variety (using the instructions for editing & uploading the images for emailing) and he responded within 2 hours. Nice guy - he was quick to answer my question.
by Amishjedi
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2007 Lincoln cent - grey/silver in color - plating issue?

I found an odd (odd to me at least) 2007 Lincoln cent that appears to be grey in color during my latest coin roll box hunt - could use your expertise: -the images attached show a "normal" 2007 alongside the odd colored cent (obverse, reverse & rims) -there still appears to be nice lust...
by Amishjedi
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1999 Conneticut 180 degree Rotated reverse quarter

Paul wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:53 pm Welcome.

Images please...........
(if you stand the coin on edge, with a mirror behind it, and you snap a picture from the front, you will be able to clearly see any die rotation.
Wow - another great tip from this forum - thanks, Paul!

Cheers.
by Amishjedi
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question, where to get grab bags or bulk

I sell grab bags on my website. I get great reviews and a couple have even done videos on them. https://portsmouthcoinshop.com/product/1-mystery-coin-lot-scratch-n-dent-sale/ Hi Daniel, I have previously bought some slabbed "W" quarters from you (quick, excellent shipping/packaging, by th...
by Amishjedi
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ring selfie light for coin photos ... it works!

I watched the same video and bought the same selfie ring and the 4" tubing he suggested - still playing with it, but works amazing w/my iPhone 12, so far (just placed it over my type set):
2009-S Sacagawea Dollar.jpg
1959 Franklin Half Dollar.jpg
1943 Steel Lincoln.jpg
by Amishjedi
Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: V75 Silver Eagle Proof!!

Nice! I'm still sore at the US Mint for allowing me to put one in my cart (and my wife to get a Gold V75 in hers) and then they both crashed saying they were sold out when we went to complete the credit card portion. UGH!!!!!!! Seriously, gorgeous coin and a cool piece to anyone's collection. Kudos ...
by Amishjedi
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ring selfie light for coin photos ... it works!

Nice pics. I am thinking when I try something shiny I will try the lowest light setting on mine or else use tissue to diffuse. Man this is so easy compared to what I used to have to do back in 2011 when I got back into coins seriously. That's exactly what I did - I took some printer paper and cut o...
by Amishjedi
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thought this penny looked cool

Earle42 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:29 pm Poor Honest Abe took a hit to the temple.
In more ways than one...he needed to see that play like he needed a hole in the head. (sorry - couldn't resist!) :-)
by Amishjedi
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merry Christmas

I am waiting on this bad boy to arrive - Christmas gift to myself - huge Star Wars fan and its silver to boot!

2020-star-wars-silver-seasons-2-new.jpg
Cheers - Happy Holidays to you & yours.
by Amishjedi
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1959 silver penny/ wheat pennies

Personally - this looks like a magician's coin (used to hide dimes) to me - here is a link to a coin that looks similar?

LINK HERE

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 12.19.14 PM.jpg
Cheers.
by Amishjedi
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should I crack it out and get it certified? full RED

I also have a 1941 irradiated mercury dime. don't recall how I came across it but have had it for 25-30 years. was 41 the only year they used? Interesting link https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/medalsmementoes/dimes.htm that gives background/general info on these unique coins & process - enjo...
by Amishjedi
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982-D Sm. Date, zinc; Mintmark issues

The only RPM variety I could find for the '82-D was RPM-001 - which doesn't look like yours to me, IMHO. Yours is south of the MM; the reference RPM shows the RPM to the north. Die deterioration or PMD, perhaps? I will defer to the real experts, hopefully they will be chiming in soon. Here's a link ...