Search found 68 matches

Return

by DanB
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Introducing myself as Melody

Welcome. There are numerous resources for you to look up coins and find the information you have asked about. The folks here are helpful, but really would like you to learn how to research what you’ve asked for. This site has links as well as go to Daniels CoinHepU YouTube channel. If you get stuck ...
by SensibleSal66
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome . This is the place to learn for sure . That way you don't get ripped off if you do sell .
Take Care .
by Earle42
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome! Before paying fees to grading companies, please do post there first so we can help. A lot of newbies are led to believe grading coins is an essential step in the hobby. They end up losing a lot of money this way and end up with slabbed coins not worth the fees to get them slabbed. Generally...
by SensibleSal66
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with him. lol
by SensibleSal66
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow . Nice ! Just one at a time, like me, happydance:
by Kris W
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Melodyinusa.ms wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:49 pm 20200811_153729.jpg
20200811_153815.jpg
That's the first "modern" commemorative. I have one.
They're worth about $5-10
by SensibleSal66
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's the Pics ? I see nothing. What editing program are you using ?
by Earle42
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK - you are right...150 coins is a lot. Some ways to educate yourself for an idea of what to share: 1. Do not clean any of them - period. Ask if tempted and post pics so we can guide you...or you end up ruining any collector value for the coin. 2. Shiny is NOT necessarily a good thing! Polishing co...
by SensibleSal66
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm with him . Never clean "raw" coins . Patina and oxidation is good . Brilliant is great only in natural preservation methods .
by SensibleSal66
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great photo editor

5 stars : Photoscape ! Try it . I love it . FREE too.
by DanB
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3. Traditional wisdom says unless a coin has ~ $150.00 value, its generally not worth grading. The grading fees are too high to make it worth your while. I agree with most of what you have stated, with one exception. The arbitrary “150” value. For arguments sake say to grade a coin with shipping an...
by SensibleSal66
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TRY PHOTOSCAPE . It's a free program to edit photo's.
by SensibleSal66
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please post currency in currency postings. Anyway, Not much value over face since their folded every which way and worn. The coins one at a time please . I like the PF Kennedy . Have to research each. Hold on. Thank You. UPDATE :: 1979 AU55 = 50 cent 1983s PF65 / 1984s pf65 = $10- $15 EACH
by Kris W
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just giving everything a cursory look, the two most valuable coins are the 56 Proof and 64 accented hair. The prices listed on the coins are on the high side, IMHO
by DanB
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Melody, I know you are overwhelmed with the task in front of you. It’s going to be difficult, but posting all these coins in one thread is not going to get what you are looking for. A. The site requests you post 1, just one coin (front and back) at a time per thread. B. Better pictures are going to ...
by SensibleSal66
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a inexpensive Microscope like mine is great !!! Only $149 Dino-lite at WWW.microscope.com

DON'T FORGET the STAND . It's about $39. I know I know, more money spent . lol
by DanB
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m not a moderator here, just a guy with internet access. I would say don’t waste time deleting anything. If Daniel or a mod wants to close the thread they can do that if needed. I would start by watching Daniel’s video about taking coin photos with your phone. Practice and then make a new thread o...
by SensibleSal66
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Scope or a phone . Can you get a phone stationary though ? Hmmm.....
by Daniel
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On books or something.
by SensibleSal66
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe you can set it on a Coin Stand ?
by Earle42
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3. Traditional wisdom says unless a coin has ~ $150.00 value, its generally not worth grading. The grading fees are too high to make it worth your while. I agree with most of what you have stated, with one exception. The arbitrary “150” value. For arguments sake say to grade a coin with shipping an...
by SensibleSal66
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1971 S Eisenhower 40%Silver DDO/pegleg R variety

The question is do you think you can get your money back in grading fees ? I personally would if and if I have the money to do so . That's totally up to you. What do you have for Pic taking ? I know ANACS doesn't charge for membership . Some of the others do . I'm just saying what I hear. Good Luck....
by SensibleSal66
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No problem . It is what it is. just do the best that you can .
by Daniel
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We can't tell you if you should have it graded or not, that depends on the cost and what you have in the coin and if it's missing enough of the R's flare to be a peg leg. You need someone to look at the coin in hand. It has some spotting as well.
by SensibleSal66
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I noticed the spotting. Is that from touching it or oxidation ! I agree with Daniel .
by RVA
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Found coins in my own collection.

I would like to start this post with a little history about my collecting beginnings. I have been a long time collector/hoarder of coins. I have been collecting since the ripe age of 7. I am 54 now. I grew up in Brooklyn, NY. and I can remember when my Mother and Aunt would sit at the table and call...
by SensibleSal66
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Found coins in my own collection.

Sorry you had a bad experience with eBay . I'm glad you came here. The right choice . Welcome !
by Paul
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1961 Jefferson Nickel Proof DDO

This link should explain it:

LINK

With this system, you are made aware of ALL the details of that individual variety, not just a generalized specific designation.
by Raney62
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inherited collection

Please let me know if any of these are worth getting certified. I watched a couple of daniels videos and i think i may have something worth a little. Im not sure if i should clean them either, or even how to for that matter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
by Kris W
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Inherited collection

Generally, unless the cents are UNC or rare, they're not worth getting certified.
Those are neither.
by SensibleSal66
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't clean these. I'm interested in seeing your "Steelie " . ; )

Here's a little reading on the Steel Cent :https://coinweek.com/us-coins/1943-stee ... e-variety/
by karl.bursa
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sal's right. Don't clean them. And for sure add pictures of the Steelie. Those are always nice to see, especially in decent condition.
by Daniel
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's how you appraise your coins. You have heard some bad information on coins
by Paul
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Introduction to Coin Collecting - READ

This may be quite a bit of reading,......
but I think everyone should take the time and get through this.

This information was taken from the 5th edition of the Cherrypickers guide.
(You might need to copy these images to your device, and enlarge them to read the detail)
by wilkinsp21
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

U.S. Mints

Not sure who knew this, but... 1. When I was a kid and collecting coins, I knew there where 3 U.S. Mints active and 2 closed A. San Francisco (S) for Proofs and special coins B. Philadelphia (P) (Most coins without a Mint mark where from Philadelphia) C. Denver (D) D. New Orleans (O) Closed E. Carso...