Search found 35 matches

Return

by Daniel
Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Precious & Base Metal Charts

Here's precious metals and base metal charts for collectors reference http://coinauctionshelp.com/Precious_Metals_Market.html

[web 100%,400]http://coinauctionshelp.com/Precious_Metals_Market.html[/web]
by DanB
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graded Coins

SensibleSal66 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:27 pm ok , but how do I send One world coin (Krug) , 2 Variety coins ,One Peace Dollar and one 2004 Walking Liberty .999 on one form and figure out the fees ?
Go to Daniels YouTube channel he has serval videos showing how to submit coins. Here’s his submission for PCGS.
by SensibleSal1966
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I haven't been called new in a long time...

:welcome: We are glad to have you ! Stay awhile, take a seat and learn with me and all the Newbie collectors .
by karl.bursa
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A great penny box!

@BMH - If you have friends you work with who bank in other places, try to have them pick up boxes for you. That's what I've been doing because my bank wouldn't give out boxes as well. It also helps spread out your dump banks so you're not recycling change :)
by Earle42
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I haven't been called new in a long time...

Welcome! Children, sadly, are not taught history today like we were. Hence its harder for them to understand people collecting bits of history.

Glad you are here, and whether newbie or not, we all learn from one another :)
by Daniel
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1992 LMC - Error ?

It damaged from being in a vice, maybe another coin, but not during the minting process.
by Daniel
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Inherited collection

Here's how you appraise your coins. You have heard some bad information on coins
by wilkinsp21
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Something Cool I did and wanna share

Hello, I thought I would share this with you all, as I was very happy with the outcome of this project I did. I got a small coin holder frame and placed what we think is my grandfathers first coin ever, a 1826 Large Cent (He always loved cents and said his first was a Large cent, so this was the old...
by SensibleSal66
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cleaning Dug Coins

Here's a couple more dug coins ::
by Daniel
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Artificial Intelligence Coin Grading Is Almost Here

I did a video on how to use the new website that will have AI grading. It uses 2 layer deep learning to grade coins and it's coming soon!!

Artificial Intelligence Coin Grading Is Almost Here!

by CoinBoy2
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1909 VDB find

Happy new year! This is my 1909 VDB I found while looking through rolls from the bank. :)
by Nevada Cowboy
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has anyone else been ripped off by www.oldcoinsupply.com/

Sucks to get scammed but my general rule of thumb is never buy anything that has a popup box in the corner saying "Jenny from Houston Texas just bought this 9k dollar bull" or "Tim from New Hampshire just bought the Scented Candle for 19.95"
by Daniel
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1893 s Morgan at LCS

Collecting coins is a hobby not an investment, I've preached that on my channel for years. People have it backwards, this is just a hobby with no guarantee of an upside. If it was that easy guys like Warren Buffet would be hoarding the coins. A dealer making 16% isn't that great either, but sometime...
by Daniel
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has anyone else been ripped off by www.oldcoinsupply.com/

I warned people about them in one of my videos. Do NOT buy from them.
by Hobub
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could Someone please identify this "coin"

Here is your coin. I searched: civil war token Die F-375 indian head https://www.ebay.com/itm/1863-CWT-Civil-War-Patriotic-Token-Indian-Head-Not-One-Cent-Copper-Coin-F103-375-/324167375839 ====================================== 1863 Circulated Civil War Token and Patriotic Copper Coin Fuld reference...
by SensibleSal66
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Weird dollar bill

Back to front WET INK TRANSFER ERROR . 100% coverage . Nice find . Wet ink transfers happen when, in error, a sheet of currency paper does not enter the press, the inked printing plate will contact the impression cylinder. When the next and subsequent sheets enter the press, they receive both the in...
by mikev50
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1807 capped bust half dollar

my newest purchase---pgcs vf20--large stars--50/20---
DSCN0369.JPG
DSCN0370.JPG
DSCN0371.JPG
DSCN0368.JPG
by Daniel
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Vermont quarter

Minor anomalies might be cool to find and learn about but they're minor and have little collector interest past the person who discovered the said anomalies.
by roka
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone been hassled while using a metal detector?

BMH and Brian

Thank you!

I'm liking the business card idea!!!
by Daniel
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1996p Washington quarter

You get a discovery coin when you find more than one coin with the same die defect, doubled die or RPM. You then submit to an attributer like Wexler and get his name on it, then you can submit with letter that it's a discovery coin.
by Daniel
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1954 proof like coin

Welcome, and a heartfelt thank you for your service and sacrifice. ...but it looks nothing like the others, could u give me a simple explanation for this coin, All proof coins from 1954 were made at the San Francisco mint. There is no S on your coin so it is not a proof. Sometimes a coin made direc...
by silverstarter
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1939-P Jefferson DDR Monticello Found in First Nickel Hunt

I did my first Nickel box hunt a couple of days ago after getting a cheap digital microscope, and I am certain I found a Double Monticello, along with 2 buffalos and 2 war nickels. I can only assume this was first time dumb luck. It was not only my first Nickel coin hunt but I got a box of dimes, pe...
by Earle42
Sat May 21, 2022 1:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

📷 Coin photography set up - cheap and easy! 📚

Easy coin photo setup. Note - the pictured ring light is OPTIONAL, but works well - use any good light source Spend the very few seconds it will take to read the print in the picture or you will still get fuzzy pictures. How_to_Take_Coin_Pics_Setup_Result.jpg NOTE: A stack of dimes works well in pla...
by Daniel
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coins Found Metal Detecting - What Are They Worth?

Here's a topic I've been asked about many times. How much are dug and cleaned coins worth and should you clean your coins you find metal detecting. In this video I answer these questions.

by Paul
Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penny rolls sorted now what to look for

Just my $0.02 here....... I see this so often nowadays, and I don't believe it's a good idea to point people in the direction of the error/variety field, until they have a good in-depth knowledge of the planchet manufacturing & minting process.
by Buried_In_Cents
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1909 S VDB Cent, other Key Dates Found!

Hey Daniel, thank you so much for featuring my thread in your latest video!

by Daniel
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1877 Indian Head penny weight discrepancy .

It doesn't have the Weak N reverse is one reason and another it looks off to me. The date is too fat and the ONE CENT has fine edges. You can watch my video on this.

by pnwmakes
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What a collection!

I watched, amazing seeing all those old proofs from a collector who passed in 1911 here is the link to a article from coin books. https://www.coinbooks.org/v26/esylum_v26n08a17.html
by Buried_In_Cents
Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fake 1914-D Lincoln Cent (Easily Spot this Scam)

This isn't a real 1914-D, but it might fool someone who doesn't know better. It's actually a 1944-D that's had the first 4 filed away to make a 1. The obvious giveaway is the gap between the second and third digits. 20230913_143301.jpg 20230913_143228.jpg 20230913_143244.jpg 20230913_142941.jpg The ...
by Daniel
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin Grading with AI

The coin would need to be lidar scanned then all metrics of the coin's surface, reflection, toning, marks would be compiled in a data base. Each coin that is close to each other, based on these metrics, would fall into a grade range, then from that coins would be consistently graded by the "lea...
by Daniel
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a 1799 or 1798 ??

Neither, this is Liberty Cap design, which should have been in the title by the way, but they stopped making this design in 1797, but there's no way to tell which date this is using these images.
by Daniel
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How many "points" do you deduct from a cleaned coin

You don’t deduct any points they’re the same grade but called details like AU details. It’s the lowest AU value or even EF value. You use sold auctions for value.
by markustg
Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1908 Indian cent off center strike?

Just got this back from ANACS

Their verdict was misaligned Obv die.