Re: Peg Leg or not?

:welcome:

hugeeyes
by Paul
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Peg Leg or not?

I do believe that you do have the "Peg Leg" Eisenhower dollar........
by Paul
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1970 D Penny - Interesting features

What you are looking at here, is a small die chip on the 9 in the date,...... and a very light collar clash on the obverse at K9 to K10
:eureka:
Fairly common
by Paul
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep in mind, that the dies used, minted a whole bunch of coins.
I am quite sure there are others out there with the same die chip.
by Daniel
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't judge a coin by its edge!

Toning can cause this.
by Daniel
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree this is a die chip
by Paul
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Couple Finds, a Couple of Questions

Please remember to only post one coin and question per thread.... It gets too confusing with multiple coins. Your steel cent may be worth something in the very far future ..... You can look online, and find higher grade slabbed examples, for not that much. Your 1987 D appears to have mechanical dou...
by Paul
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My first Mercury dime - 1923

hugeeyes :thumbsup:
by Daniel
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It has nice details but has been cleaned, so I would always do an ebay sold item search to determine your offers and bids on coins like this.
by Earle42
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going through eBay's sold items will aid in telling if the price you paid was too much. Personally, for cleaned coin, I think the price paid was 10.00 or so more than I would pay. Another decent online source to get a feel for prices is, numismedia.com. The following link for Mercury Dimes shows an ...
by Daniel
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Problem is that some ebay sellers manipulate lighting and sell coins like this as MS or BU and problem free. It takes experience to buy raw coins at ebay.
by Daniel
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stacked some Peace Dollars

Not bad deal at all and the 28 s is a better date and mint.
by Earle42
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stacked some Peace Dollars

Nice additions. And although I like the Maple Leaf bullion, I would much rather own a classic silver piece of US history like the Peace Dollars. OK, I confess. When they put the Bigfoot privy mark on the 2016 Maple Leaf, I couldn't resist widegrin Squatch_Maple_REV_5 -149.jpg Squatch_Full copy-195op...
by Daniel
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1974 D Kennedy Half Variety or not?

This is flat field strike doubling and not die doubled. I like the sets myself. You can find some varieties in them.
by Daniel
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help on making a reasonable offer

Too high for an ungraded coin and no way to be sure you would get Full head if sent off for grading, I would buy a graded example before I would buy his raw coin. Difference in cars and antiques you don't have an inconsistent grading standard to grade them and offer special designations.
by Earle42
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nicely struck 1923 Peace Dollar

That is a sharp looker! EDS coins are always preferred, though not sure it ever brings a premium on most.
by Earle42
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help on making a reasonable offer

These are raw coins, not graded, so the grade is subjective. The grading companies will also tell you their grading is subjective. It is NOT a science and there are many times people play the game for cracking out a coin and resubmitting to the same company to try to get a better grade on the label...