Search found 49 matches

Return

by DanB
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ALMOST THERE .... 50,000

The listing for 1.56 Mil is tempting, but 15 bucks shipping on top of it? That’s a deal breaker...
by DanB
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Krugerrand alert !!

Just for fun let’s look at some numbers. Latest ebay sale from June of this year for an NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo went for 470 plus 2.95 shipping. (We’ll exclude shipping in our exercise, because I have no way of knowing why shipping so low on a coin like this). In our first example we’ll use gold spot (...
by DanB
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graded Coins

SensibleSal66 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:27 pm ok , but how do I send One world coin (Krug) , 2 Variety coins ,One Peace Dollar and one 2004 Walking Liberty .999 on one form and figure out the fees ?
Go to Daniels YouTube channel he has serval videos showing how to submit coins. Here’s his submission for PCGS.
by DanB
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Introducing myself as Melody

Welcome. There are numerous resources for you to look up coins and find the information you have asked about. The folks here are helpful, but really would like you to learn how to research what you’ve asked for. This site has links as well as go to Daniels CoinHepU YouTube channel. If you get stuck ...
by DanB
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3. Traditional wisdom says unless a coin has ~ $150.00 value, its generally not worth grading. The grading fees are too high to make it worth your while. I agree with most of what you have stated, with one exception. The arbitrary “150” value. For arguments sake say to grade a coin with shipping an...
by DanB
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Melody, I know you are overwhelmed with the task in front of you. It’s going to be difficult, but posting all these coins in one thread is not going to get what you are looking for. A. The site requests you post 1, just one coin (front and back) at a time per thread. B. Better pictures are going to ...
by DanB
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m not a moderator here, just a guy with internet access. I would say don’t waste time deleting anything. If Daniel or a mod wants to close the thread they can do that if needed. I would start by watching Daniel’s video about taking coin photos with your phone. Practice and then make a new thread o...
by DanB
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry I did not see this until now to answer back. The 150.00 value iImentioned is what I have seen mentioned while asking and researching grading company validity vs. reality. The figure was mentioned to me by numerous people, many times,since 2011 when I joined coincommunity.com. his is the gener...
by DanB
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CAC stickers

I have my personal thoughts that I have shared in a previous thread, so no reason to go into it again.
Search CoinHelpU on YouTube, Daniel has made numerous videos addressing this topic that are very helpful, thorough and professional IMO.
by DanB
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1909 VDB Matte finish

I would try and compare your coin on the PCGS photograde page. Hold your coin up to the screen to see where it fits, it should give you a better ballpark of possible grade to research sold listings. Red book and the like are guides to the value, not necessarily what you will get. Ebay/heritage sold ...
by DanB
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FYI when purchasing coins from U.S. Mint

Correct S mint Mark was just released to public yesterday at noon (Eastern time zone). W’s proof and burnished released earlier in the year. Regular bullion has been out a long time as well (no mint Mark). That’s what’s confusing me on how you already have 3 S’s...either way more silver for your col...
by DanB
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FYI when purchasing coins from U.S. Mint

Appears the mint sold out of the S proof coin sometime today. Well technically it’s unavailable, so once returns and payment rejections are sorted out, will likely have a small amount to sell still, but overall looks like the price increase didn’t slow it down much to go through 200K in 2 days....
by DanB
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Artificial Intelligence Coin Grading Is Almost Here

Excellent! I’m now banner free there..😬
by DanB
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1938 D MS66 RD RPM wheat penny

I am not a variety expert at all. It appears you paid a good price and yes I would send in to get variety added, it increases the value enough to justify IMO.
I’ll let the experts weigh in however and I’d follow their advice.
Nice find.
by DanB
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hey all

Welcome!
by DanB
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982 penny 2.5 grams is this the real deal?

Welcome. I’m not even close to an expert, but it appears you have 2 different coins posted? One large and one small date?
The weight is right at 2.5 grams for either.
Normally it’s easier if you post one coin per post or it gets confusing for the experts (and dummies like me) to give advice.
by DanB
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question about Selling coins

Sorry to hear you may have to liquidate some coins. There is a Buy Sell Trade section here as well as Daniel has a Facebook page there just for selling. If it becomes necessary to sell I would try there first, at least there you have a chance at getting close to the value without paying ebay fees an...
by DanB
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magnifier

Sub 100 all metal construction, works well for price. I use to further check if something stands out with a loupe. It has a camera but not hi resolution IMO. Good enough to take to photo do quick compare to online photos, but I use my DSLR set up for posting images on line because the resolution is ...
by DanB
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magnifier

I just wanted to add that lighting and resolution with all of these sub 100 dollar units you need to be careful. I personally have one due to health reasons and the ability to hold a loupe and coin can be difficult for roll searching for long periods of time. Unless you get the type that Daniel revi...
by DanB
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 coin

Welcome to the community. It would be helpful if you ask a question about the coins you are posting.
by DanB
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1931-S - finally I found something..........

RevlisAg wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 am Can someone tell me why this penny is worth $100?
Lower mintage (only 866k made) and grade. Will leave possible grade of coin to experts.
by DanB
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should I grade this 1989 d penny

Compare It to the PCGS photo grade examples. It would need to be MS68 to cover grading fees. They are only 81 in 68 and 1 in 68+ that’s been graded at PCGS so it’s a long shot and gamble. 921 89 D’S have been graded (in red which yours seems to be but had to tell completely with the lighting you hav...
by DanB
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Silver Eagle Mint Mark

It is the regular bullion coin, no mint mark are on those. Only the Proof version will have a W (or S) marks. All bullion (unless a monster box with straps still intact from the mint were they were produced and submitted directly to a TPG) don’t have mint marks. Hence all the hoopla last year (and e...
by DanB
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Silver Eagle Set

Congrats! I’m slowing building my set, but I’m being selective and doing MS, SP and PF70’s.
Likely will never complete but being diligent I’ve been snagging a few here and there for less than retail averages....so far.
by DanB
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New to this

A. What is the question besides “what are they worth”. Besides 1 cent, is there something there you are trying to find out about?
B. One coin per thread please.
by DanB
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where's Waldo, er...I mean post-2000 halves

They stopped issuing them in 2002 for circulation so if they are in rolls people have cracked out of mint/proof sets or bought directly from mint in rolls and bags.
by DanB
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1965 SMS sets

1965 sets only came in the cello packs. 66 and 67 came in the hard plastic cases. That's all I have ever seen as well as what the red books says. Any 65 in hard cases would be after market, but I wouldn't trust authentication of the 65 outside of the cello packs. No mint marks were used on either Sa...
by DanB
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1968 no mint penny

All cents without a mintmark (Except in 2017) are made in Philadelphia True but the US Mint posted this today.... What? Why does the 2019-W Reverse Proof show that mintmark? Maybe to prevent collectors from hunting down the other 'W' Pennies from circulation? The W mint marks on cents and nickels t...
by DanB
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1979 SBA PROOF

Nice find.
by DanB
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2002 P Roosevelt Dime legit type error? Help

It's the 'Rona" causing coin mutations, or it could be PMD, or even.......... How many people do you know who have died from COVID? I’ve known several including a very close family member. You think your a comedian, your not and frankly I am tired of your antics here. Don’t bother responding, ...
by DanB
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:12 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a rare coin?

I won this coin at auction, its a bicentennial IKE dollar. Says philadelphia mint on the label but i dont hink Philadelphia minted IKEs this year.. Any answers will be appreciated,thank youBDE98BE6-86FD-44A9-AA16-348B2FF442E3.jpegC75F4BF1-A29A-4B21-8960-86FE3EA5E51E.jpeg35A83D43-BF21-4FBA-81FA-1937...
by DanB
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grading coins

Daniel has a bunch of videos regarding grading coins and if/when you should or shouldn’t. If you decide to ship them out, I would recommend (as does the grading companies) via registered mail. It’s slow but depending on values (gold, silver, or rare etc) they can be insured appropriately. Any other ...
by DanB
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 D Discovery coin??

May I ask why or what the discovery you think is with this coin?
by DanB
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2000 P two same coins in pack

Mint sets come with P and D coins so you get 2 of each coin. Now if you got 2 of same coin in one packet then the mint made an error and I’m not aware of it adds any value.
by DanB
Mon May 03, 2021 11:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2004 Dime error coin

What kind of error? It looks like post mint damage or possibly a crimper marker from roller machine.
by DanB
Mon May 03, 2021 11:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018D Block Island Quarter Error

What kind of error? Looks like post mint damage possibly from a crimper rolling machine.
by DanB
Tue May 04, 2021 2:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1964 SMS sets

I wouldn’t unless they were slabbed. I guess it’s possible to get a 64 SMS via eBay but extremely unlikely.
by DanB
Mon May 17, 2021 1:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982-d small date

Serously ? I was sure I am going ti vegas vacatiin soon :) ih well... maybe next time. akthiugh out if curiosity if it has thr right year and series (1982d), the right font and right weight to it so where exactly is the problem ? Small date bronze red in highest grade 68 (2 known) according PCGS is...
by DanB
Tue May 18, 2021 7:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "198_"? Quarter. What do you make of this?

Welcome. You should try to take a photo straight down. The photos you provided are difficult to see. Also please be specific to what the error you think it is. I can only guess your wondering about the date and the last digit which appear to be a 7. I’m not one of the experts here but it could be an...