Search found 28 matches

Return

by typeviic
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1959 penny in good enough condition to grade?

If i had condition rarity, gold and/or silver, i would use NGC. For common date low-end coins, i would use ANACS since they are cheaper.
by typeviic
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Plan for 2021-Dated Morgan and Peace Dollars

" .. on March 11 a new approach to doing this was proposed by Rep. Andy Barr (R-KY06), the 1921 Silver Dollar Coin Anniversary Act (H.R. 6192), which if enacted would result in the issuance of 2021-dated Morgan and Peace silver dollars to mark the centennial of the transition in 1921 from the ...
by typeviic
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ANACS has a 10 for $109 special......

going on till June 30, 2020. Plus, any GSA Morgan will be graded for an additional $5

https://www.anacs.com/specials.aspx
by typeviic
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are GSA Ike dollars....

OK, so only GSA Morgans are worth more, in those GSA holders. The Ike's are not worth more in their OGP holders. Got it.
by typeviic
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is going on......

with this Ike Dollar?
Are the rings on both sides form a coin star/counting machine (wheel marks)?

Thanks
by typeviic
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NGC Freindly Eagle IKE

Sry, here it is...
by typeviic
Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Attention CAC submitters

CAC will not, I repeat, WILL NOT! consider any NGC/PCGS graded Paramount-Redfield holdered Morgan or Peace dollars. I recently got back a CAC submission, which included 2 NGC graded Redfield silver dollars that were in the original Paramount holders from the late 1970's. The dreaded "N/A" ...
by typeviic
Mon May 24, 2021 12:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I tried to order the CC and O privy Morgans,.....

from the US mint website. Started at 12 noon sharp, DSL speed of 4.6 meg, a straight half hour of "gateway timeout" freezes. When it finally loaded a page, it said sold out for both. So, I will do without. I am NOT going to pay a shyster on ebay, 3, 4 hundred dollars for one. Nope.
by typeviic
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

W mint quarter.....

human caused graffiti (details) or feeder finger damage?
by typeviic
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crossover Results.......

From "Motel Soap Bar" ANACS holders, to PCGS. Results;... 1902 Morgan crossed from ANACS 62, PCGS 62 1923 Peace $ VAM 3 crossed form ANACS 64, PCGS 64 1935 WLHD crossed form ANACS 64, to PCGS 65 1941-S WLHD crossed from ANACS 64, to PCGS 65 1944-S WLHD crossed from ANACS 64, to PCGS 65 194...
by typeviic
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crossover Results.......

thairunts wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:45 pm Appreciate you reporting your results! Out of curiosity, did you crack them out and send them in raw - or submit as crossovers in their old slabs?
The submission was a true crossover, no crack-outs.
by typeviic
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the most expensive coin you own

Some of us lived in a time when privacy was common. Threads like this make us 🐔 like we are setting ourselves up for a horrible situation where some day at 1:00 AM we may have to use a shotgun/rifle/pistol to help convince someone they should be leading a more honorable lifestyle and not breaking i...
by typeviic
Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ANACS Slab Generation Showcase....

A detailed listing of their generations of holders. Nice resource!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... 592e_1_672
by typeviic
Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am sharing my GC "Auction" experience......

Got back auction results a couple of days ago from Great Collections. The results I got back were very troubling. I am sharing this on the 'COIN Help U Community' for all to be aware and hope it helps others from losing money. I will NEVER use GC again. I lost money recently from their "auction...
by typeviic
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is going on with....

the 1978-D Ike Dollar? The PCGS price guide has the 1978-D business strike in MS66 at $250.00
It has been on a steady increase for 2 and a half years.
by typeviic
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LCS bank account closed, notified by Certified letter...

"My Coin Shop Bank Accounts Were Closed! Silver & Gold stackers WATCH OUT!"

Crazy stuff. I believe his LCS and bank is in Ohio.

by typeviic
Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1968-D Lincoln cent....

For educational purposes only. I found a textbook example of step/machine doubling on the reverse. It's really a beauty to behold as an example of "fool's gold" for the beginner.
by typeviic
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ben "The Coin Geek" shares his....

First CAC Grading (CACG) Experience - Crack-outs & Raw - How Did They Grade? IMO, I think they are too strict. Not holdering a Details Polished? ANACS would have. A 65 on that Morgan stunner?!!? Details scratched on the 55 DD??? Unbleivable. Tony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZYuMvp8bM&a...
by typeviic
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buyer beware info....

I know Daniel regularly posts videos on YouTube about overpriced scams. I thought I would share info about this "AVC" YouTube channel that is selling Walkers for double the amount of the NGC price guide for common date, 1943,44 Philly Walkers in MS64, for $140 !!?? https://www.youtube.com/...