Search found 16 matches

Return

by Snyderart
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorting Keepers From Spenders?

Hello everyone! This is my first post here besides my introduction post. Thanks for having me aboard! 20191114_214312.jpg In October, I asked a friend who isn't a collector if he had any spare change laying around to sell to me and he said, "I have a few pennies". The "few" penni...
by Snyderart
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

High Points on the Lincoln Memorial Cent

I'm posting this because I looked everywhere on the web for this information with no luck. The information is available for the Lincoln Wheat Cents, but not the Memorial Cents. I'm searching a hoard of 173 lbs. of cents a friend sold to me for errors. They are in good condition from being locked in ...
by Snyderart
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sorting Keepers From Spenders?

I am sorry I cannot help you with the grading question. Daniel or others on here will have much better help with that. But 173 pounds, what a great discovery. That reminds me, my mail carried was suppose to get with me with a bunch of pennies.. But anyway, great find, I wouldn't throw any out right...
by Snyderart
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess I missed the fact that you found a wam. Awesome, congrats. I have been looking for a wam and cam for a long tme. You don't know how many resumed finds these guys said that weren't when I posted one I thought that was many years ago. I am still looking pennies a bazillion, me 0. I took a lit...
by Snyderart
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for everyone's help in this thread. To get further answers to my grading questions, I put "MAKING THE GRADE: Comprehensive Grading Guide for U.S. Coins" by Beth Deisher and the "Official ANA Grading Standards for United States Coins" on my Christmas list. I also found the ...
by Snyderart
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade series collection?

Chris, That is a great idea and would be a small manageable set to collect. I'm currently reading Q. David Bowers "A Guide Book of Lincoln Cents" and in it he talks about finding the right grade that fits into your budget. A good adaptation of that advice would be to find a good year to in...
by Snyderart
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hazing on Coins

In time, if you study it long enough, you will have a secure grasp on the nature of "Toning". The surrounding environmental issues that come in contact with coins, (depending on what the outer surface of that coin is composed of), will 'tone' (colorize) the surface of that coin. All of th...
by Snyderart
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Annual Report of the Director of the Mint, 1909

Hello All, For all you Lincoln Cent fans out there. Here's a link to the "Annual Report of the Director of the Mint for the Fiscal Year Ended June 30 1909". Page 11 mentions the new design with Lincoln's portrait. https://archive.org/details/annualreportofdi1909unit/page/10/mode/2up There'...
by Snyderart
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hazing on Coins

I have often wondered the same thing. Is there a certain brand that is best to store and protect our hobby? I love albums to display my collection in. Are there a specific 2X2" flip that I should be looking for? Can anyone refer a distributor for supplies? I grabbed my 2x2s from a bulk sale at...
by Snyderart
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An Example of Machine Doubling

Hello All, For educational purposes, just wanted to post images of machine doubling I found on a 1989 Lincoln cent while error searching. Mech Dbling 01.jpg Mech Dbling 02.jpg There's a great explanation of machine doubling located here . Daniel has many videos and posts about machine doubling as we...
by Snyderart
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Historical Numismatic Books Online

Hello CHU Community, Wanted to post an online numismatic resource if anyone is interested in the history of coin collecting, old coin auction records, and old books on the subject. The site is Archive.org, a non-profit digital library which has digitized millions of books and other resources for use...
by Snyderart
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2000-P Lincoln Cent "Wide AM" (FS-901)

Hello CHU Community,

Well, I found a 2000-P Lincoln Cent "Wide AM" (FS-901). It's not in the prettiest condition, but I'll take it! So far, I'm up to two 1998 Wide AMs and now this one.
2000-P WAM Obverse.jpg
2000-P WAM Reverse.jpg
2000-P WAM Reverse Detail.jpg
Happy Collecting!
by Snyderart
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2000-P Lincoln Cent "Wide AM" (FS-901)

Daniel wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:18 pm At least you're finding something.
No complaints. I'll definitely take it.
by Snyderart
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2000-P Lincoln Cent "Wide AM" (FS-901)

Nice find . I went through 45 lbs of pennies . Didn't find any . Found two other errors though : ) !! Two errors. Very nice! I'm currently in the middle of going through 171lbs. of cents I bought from a friend of mine last year that were stored in a glass watercooler jug. I have them divided by dec...
by Snyderart
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Collecting Kennedy Half Dollars (Advice Needed)

Hello CHU Community, I've had a few worn Kennedy Half Dollars tucked away for a few years and not paid much attention to them. However, I just obtained a roll of 1976 ones from a relative along with a few of the silver 1960s dates in uncirculated condition. This new addition has peaked my interest i...
by Snyderart
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1998 Wide AM FOUND!

Hello CHU Community,

I'm on a roll. I found my third 1998 Wide AM today! I'm up to three 1998 Wide AMs and one 2000 Wide AM so far for the year. I'll take it!
Wide AM.jpg
Wide AM Detail.jpg
Good luck to everyone hunting out there. Happy collecting!