Search found 7 matches

Return

by jvineyard
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1939 S RPM-001 S/S Northeast Stage B

Hi everyone, Long-time reader first-time poster. I bought a 1930 S on eBay for a buck because it was beautifully toned on the front and back. When it came and I gave it the once over I realized I had an RPM. I am about 99% positive I have 1939 S RPM-001 S/S Northeast Stage B but I wanted to get Dani...
by jvineyard
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1988 D Wide AM...I think.

The 1988 all being wide I knew but wasn't sure what the other markers were. From PCGS it looked like it was the letters that made the difference but now I see it is the designers initials with series that deals the deal.
by jvineyard
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1980 Shadow S/D

Hi everyone, Guess what I found! The notorious 1980 D with a shadow of S over D. I read the other posts how experts agree and it is debunked but I just don't understand how a series of die gouges can form a perfect S with serifs on both ends. I accept it is debunked but can one of the community expe...
by jvineyard
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1980 Shadow S/D

I dont think you are saying never use a microscope to look at your coins but first be an expert like one of you fine gentlemen. So should I put the microscope away until I get 5 to 15 years experience looking at coins with the naked eye or a loupe or is there a good path forward to get better? My pa...
by jvineyard
Tue May 05, 2020 11:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1942 Lincoln Cent Strike Over....Weird error. Help!

That is why I come here and watch Daniel's channel and BlueRidgeSilverHound to get all of my information. Along with the books and resources by Wexler and other trusted sources. You guys are awesome!
by jvineyard
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do I do with this?

Thanks for the quick and informative reply. I should have mentioned in my original post that I did the market research. So on Great Collections here are the recently sold examples 8/2020 PCGS MS-64 $225 6/2020 PCGS MS-66 $567 PCGS lists a total of 15 graded examples in MS66 with 1 higher out of a to...
by jvineyard
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Discovery 1954 D Jefferson DDR

Hi everybody, I wanted to share my good news! I received my letter back from Brian Ribar (one of the main nickel doubled die attributors) confirming the discovery of a new doubled die reverse (DDR) for the 1954 D Jefferson nickel. "Class VIII Tilted Hub doubling shows just below the lower right...