Search found 236 matches

Return

by 2centsal
Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My best investment for Coins

I just wanted to express that since I joined here, I knew very little about Error Coins . I've come to realize that with experience and patience, there are a ton of Variety/ Error Coins online selling as a Regular Coins because more attention is put on the Grade and the Rarity . The best thing I did...
by Daniel
Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: web notes

Okay, now I found more information, never heard of this http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/webs.html
by Daniel
Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1975 Kennedy Half? (It grabs your attention!)

Nice and it does look like Daniel Carr over-strikes. He did an 1964 Peace Dollar. Cool
by Archer
Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Danierl wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 pm Nice and it does look like Daniel Carr over-strikes. He did an 1964 Peace Dollar. Cool
Yeah, very attention grabbing.
by mhonzell
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Genuine Atocha Silver Coin?

Mel Fisher and his son discovered the Atocha and turned to selling most of these coins as jewelry. His method of clamping the coin into a ring of silver is common among all but his most expensive jewelry. (see below) Even he sells replicas, which blows my mind, but there you go. Some of the replicas...
by mhonzell
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Genuine Atocha Silver Coin?

No. I was trying to determine if it was a real reale. The Atocha coins were all pretty worn and then Mel cleaned them to be shiny.
by StephenOglesby
Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...it is hard to tell who actually produced these over strikes but I think it was Daniel Carr, who's design was used on the 2001 NY & RI state quarters as well as the 2003 Maine quarter) Enjoy! I really don't remember them being minted. But the overstrikes do look like Daniel Carr's. Rare coins...
by Paul
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...it is hard to tell who actually produced these over strikes but I think it was Daniel Carr, who's design was used on the 2001 NY & RI state quarters as well as the 2003 Maine quarter) Enjoy! I really don't remember them being minted. But the overstrikes do look like Daniel Carr's. Rare coins...
by StephenOglesby
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...it is hard to tell who actually produced these over strikes but I think it was Daniel Carr, phenq review by alic https://theskinnyvibes.com/phenq-reviews-and-results/ and users testimonials who's design was used on the 2001 NY & RI state quarters as well as the 2003 Maine quarter) Enjoy! I r...
by GregoryBitting
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...it is hard to tell who actually produced these d bal max own some of this over strikes but I think it was Daniel Carr, who's design was used on the 2001 NY & RI state quarters as well as the 2003 Maine quarter) Enjoy! I really don't remember them being minted. But the overstrikes do look lik...
by Qestley
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Daniel wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 pm Nice and it does look like Daniel Carr over-strikes. He did an 1964 Peace Dollar. Cool
Yeah, very attention grabbing.
by DSCoins
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Long Ago Find

It has been a wile now, 6+ years. It accrued when I had to put my German Shepard down due to cancer. To help me get over the grief of losing her, I went out metal detecting. To this day I can not explain why I found this object. I was doing one last trip from field to my car. I didn't really find an...
by Paul
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graded Coins

Just remember Daniel.........

:eureka:
"Old age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill"
by mhonzell
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magnification

Because you are displaying on a monitor, magnification can be a bit trickier to figure out. 5mm x 10 = 50mm 100 mm = 1 cm or 2.54 inches So, 10x magnification means a 5 mm square would now appear to be 1.27 inches across. (Basically 1 and 1/4 inch.) If displaying this on a monitor, hold a ruler up t...
by RomanGreekCoins
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: trying to ID a Quinarius

I found something similar but you tell me.

could this be it?
i am leaning towards cato

cato Uticensis. 47-46 b.c.
by mhonzell
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ancient coin id (3)

VOT XX MVLT XXX abbreviates Votis Vicennalibus Multis Tricennalibus advertising that Constans had completed his vows (prayers) to thank God on the 20th anniversary of his rule, and made more vows to God that he might help him successfully rule to his 30th anniversary. There are MANY versions of this...
by mhonzell
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: trying to ID a Quinarius

I can't get enough details from that photo. Sorry. I do see the sitting angel, so you may have it.
by Paul
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2000 P Maryland State Quarter

Your coin is worth face value...............
by Daniel
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for posts is BACK!

We can thank anyone for their posts again!
by Paul
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graded Coins

You could always blame it on your "Cliff-Himers" disease.

I blame it on my "Pauls-Himers" .................... :confused:
by Daniel
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: id coin #1

Canada Large Cent
by DSCoins
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: varieties

Thank. Heck I'd be lucky to even see the date at 5X hugeeyes
by jessicanm1014
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1940 Walking Liberty with "3" on back in eagle

Hi!

I have a 1940 walking liberty in really good condition but on the back is a number 3 in the middle of the eagle. Does anyone know if this is something that means anything or if someone else out the 3 on there. Thank you!!
by Paul
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1940 Walking Liberty with "3" on back in eagle

:welcome:

This is considered "POST MINT DAMAGE"............ as someone has hand punched a #3 in the reverse of the coin.
by Daniel
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is the 1982 Copper penny 3.1 grams potentionally worth hundreds or even thousands?

No it is not, this is a large date and the large date is not worth more than face value in this condition. Watch my video on this subject https://youtu.be/HDkzobEICis
by Daniel
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1940 Walking Liberty with "3" on back in eagle

Referred to as a counter stamp and is damaged.
by mikev50
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1855 fe pattern

is this coin worth 1850$ even with the blemish on the obverse--1855 flying eagle pattern judd-170???--thanks-
36695711o.jpg
36695711r.jpg
by Paul
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1855 fe pattern

if someone needs me to "hold on to it" for them,......i can
by Paul
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1855 fe pattern

I would need the "Alloy Content", with percentages (if mixture),.....
to get a "Judd #" here.
by ScenicCityCoin
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*NEW MEMBER*-ScenicCityCulture aka Chad and Holly Howard, with a thanks to Daniel for Vid's & Involvment and Anyone else

Hello, Glad to be aboard, I have many questions, many thanks, but that all can come in time, and possibly I think I can manage to handle quite a bit with all the great informational videos I have already watched. I feel like I know you somewhat it feels weird I've set up a many a night watching the...
by DSCoins
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Double struck coins

I am a little bit confused about what some on YouTube clam to be a Double Stuck Coin. To me the coins that they are showing look more like clashes. So my question would be. What exactly is a Double Struck Coin?

Thanks
DScoins
by Daniel
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double struck coins

You should be reading error-ref.com. A double struck coin is struck by the die more than once, a die clash is a coin struck by dies that clashed together prior without a coin in between. http://www.error-ref.com/
by DSCoins
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double struck coins

Thanks Daniel. The clashed dies I am very familiar with. It was some of the photos on the channels which got me confused. By putting it the way you did, I now have the under standing between the two. I will also follow up on Error-Ref. I really should start doing as I preach, by looking at on-line ...
by DSCoins
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sell or not to sell

Sorry this post is so long. I am writing this post mainly for myself as I find writing things down helps me retain the information. Due to the fact this one is coin related, I decided to make it a post. More than likely you first started searching rolls of coins to fill up a Whitman folder you have...
by Daniel
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Die Brakes, Die chips

Hum... I can say this it cost up to $70 to send one error coins in to PCGS and the other two are not much further behind that. So if they're sending in those tiny errors then they're paying more for grading than they are for the coin's potential value. I did a video on this subject https://youtu.be/...
by ave13co
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1946s imm-001 FS#501 Inverted MM

What does MM mean? Oh! I got it! Mint Mark